Your teams updated top 10 prospects

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
:wild

I'm a bit different, and value goalies more.

1 -Wallstedt
2 - Buium
3 - Yurov
4 - Ohgren
5 - Khusnutdinov
6 - Heidt
7 - Bankier
8 - Ritchie
9 - Hunt
10 - Peart

HM; Haight, Lambos, Lorentz, Milne, Kumpulainen... no idea what to think about Kiviharjhu

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I think Montreal has better depth as you get lower down the list but hard to argue anyone against San Jose at the very top end
I think the main difference is Montreal as a lot more young guys already graduated or at the pro level on top of a deep prospect pool. San Jose doesn't have much at the NHL level outside of Zetterlund, Eklund and Bordeleau. As oppose to the Habs with Salf, Caufield, Suzuki, Newhook, Dach, Guhle, Xhekaj, Barron, Harris, Struble and Primeau all U25.

I would take the non graduated guys from San Jose before Montreal in a milisecond if I could. But the U25 "graduated" prospects is miles ahead in Montreal.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I'll take a stab at the Canucks:
Willander
Lekkerimaki

Raty
Karlsson
Silovs
D EP

Bains
McWard
Kudryavtsev
Tolopilo

Obviously Kravstov goes to the top if he come back from the KHL:D

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I think the main difference is Montreal as a lot more young guys already graduated or at the pro level on top of a deep prospect pool. San Jose doesn't have much at the NHL level outside of Zetterlund, Eklund and Bordeleau. As oppose to the Habs with Salf, Caufield, Suzuki, Newhook, Dach, Guhle, Xhekaj, Barron, Harris, Struble and Primeau all U25.

I would take the non graduated guys from San Jose before Montreal in a milisecond if I could. But the U25 "graduated" prospects is miles ahead in Montreal.
For sure, it's just depth is only a strength to a certain point and they need to start consolidating it into higher end pieces. I like Newhook and a bunch of those D, but they're just not really building blocks. For San Jose it's just enviable to have what looks like it should be 2 superstar forwards and a #1 D, a lot easier to fill in the blanks from there

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
1. Demidov
2. Hutson
3. Reinbacher
4. Mailloux
5. Roy
6. Hage
7. Beck
8. Engstrom
9. Fowler
10. Farrell
11. Mesar
12. Heineman
13. Florian Xhekaj
14. Kapanen
15. Dobes
16. Volokhin
17. Konyushkov
18. Tuch
19. Kidney
20. Eriksson
21. Trudeau
22. Davidson
23. Koivu
24. Rohrer
25. Simoneau
26. Protz
27. Miller
28. Thorpe
29. Kostenko
30. Sam Harris

Something like that

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Philadelphia
1. Michkov
2. Michkov
3. Michkov
4. Michkov
5. Michkov
6. Michkov
7. Michkov
8. Bonk
9. Barkey
10. Luchanko

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
1. Demidov
2. Hutson
3. Reinbacher
4. Mailloux
5. Roy
6. Hage
7. Beck
8. Engstrom
9. Fowler
10. Farrell
11. Mesar
12. Heineman
13. Florian Xhekaj
14. Kapanen
15. Dobes
16. Volokhin
17. Konyushkov
18. Tuch
19. Kidney
20. Eriksson
21. Trudeau
22. Davidson
23. Koivu
24. Rohrer
25. Simoneau
26. Protz
27. Miller
28. Thorpe
29. Kostenko
30. Sam Harris

Something like that

3UsnVSp5_400x400.jpg

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Boston’s is pretty funny. We have the big project we just drafted, then Lysell who has busted but no one wants to admit it, then 8 guys that will top out in the AHL. Don Sweeney is so brutal as a builder.
Lysell is not even close to a bust yet. He has done nothing but get better and develop as expected. Besides Wyatt Johnston no 2021 picks from #18-30 have any NHL points yet, and no players besides Johnston have more than 9 points from picks 13-47. Lysell is also tied for first with Rosen in AHL points from the entire draft class! Lysell’s points per game in the AHL is behind only Logan Stankoven and Mavrik Bourque among U22 players, above players like Kulich, Rosen, Wright, Othmann, Samoskevich, and many other top prospects.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Boston’s is pretty funny. We have the big project we just drafted, then Lysell who has busted but no one wants to admit it, then 8 guys that will top out in the AHL. Don Sweeney is so brutal as a builder.

This is just gross. Has to be tops in the nhl. The your 8-9-10 is way better than out 1-2-3. Makes me sick
Not sure how a kid who’s been progressing in Providence playing 2 seasons is a bust but ok?

I’m not big on watching prospects, but the Bruins have a few nice pieces it seems.

Jackson Edward, Lysell, Merk, Farinacci….Poitras.
Not to mention sprinkling in Lohrei who’s graduated and any team in the league would take him on their team.
Then Bussi, Dipietro in net.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
For sure, it's just depth is only a strength to a certain point and they need to start consolidating it into higher end pieces. I like Newhook and a bunch of those D, but they're just not really building blocks. For San Jose it's just enviable to have what looks like it should be 2 superstar forwards and a #1 D, a lot easier to fill in the blanks from there
Well you can only have so much "building blocks" in the end. I think Newhook can surprise a lot of people this year with a bit of stability and a healthy Dach on his line. The hope is that one of the many defenders we have develops into a solid top 4 one day. I think Guhle, Reinbacher and Mailloux are locks while Hutson, Xhekaj, Barron, Engstrom , Struble and Harris all have a chance (some a lot more than others, in order of the likeliest to the least likely imo). Just hoping that one of these hit their top potential.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
1. Zayne Parekh
2. Matt Coronato
3. Dustin Wolf
4. Matvei Gridin
5. Jakob Pelletier
6. Andrew Basha
7. Samuel Honzek
8. Jeremie Poirier
9. William Stromgren
10. Etienne Morin

HM: Aydar Suniev, Henry Mews, Jacob Battaglia

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020
A true vote of confidence in Reinbacher if you have him behind a midget and Joshua Roy.

I mean it's sort of gross. He has Joshua Roy 3rd and the guy is the definition of 'mid.'
Been listening to people run Roy down for the last 3 years and all he has done is to beat expectations.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Lightning:

1. Conor Geekie
2. Ethan Gauthier
3. Isaac Howard
4. Max Crozier (will be graduating from the pool)
5. Emil Lilleberg (will be graduating from the pool)
6. Gage Goncalves
7. Niko Huuhtanen
8. Max Groshev
9. Jack Finley
10. Jack Harvey

Reactions: Five Alarm Fire

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
I don't even know that LA has 10 prospects worth mentioning at this point. Here are the guys 21 and under that are... maybe worth discussing?

1. Brandt Clarke
2. Liam Greentree
3. Koehn Ziemmer
4. Martin Chromiak
5. Francesco Pinelli
6. Jacob Dvorak
7. Samuel Helenius
8. Ryan Conmy
9. Matthew Mania
10. Otto Salin

Once Clarke graduates this year, we're probably a bottom five prospect pool. I left out goalies, and Slukynsky and George are interesting, but neither significantly move the needle.
Slukynsky could absolutely be a needle mover with his progression over the past year. Goes from dominant MN HS goalie to dominant USHL goalie. Big jump from HS to junior, so I'm interested to see how he does in the NCAA

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Philadelphia
1. Michkov
2. Michkov
3. Michkov
4. Michkov
5. Michkov
6. Michkov
7. Michkov
8. Bonk
9. Barkey
10. Luchanko
My guess for the Flyers would be:

1. Matvei Michkov
2. Oliver Bonk
3. Jett Luchanko
4. Denver Barkey
5. Samu Tuomaala
6. Hunter McDonald
7. Emil Andrae
8. Alexei Kolosov
9. Egor Zavragin
10. Helge Grans

I wouldn't consider Ginning a prospect anymore. Flyers' pool is weird because it's simultaneously solid, top heavy, or kinda shitty (after Michkov) depending on how you wanna look at it.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

I think this is the correct take here. Montreal has been bad for longer and were sellers in the seasons they got Suzuki/Caulfield/Guhle, so it makes sense that they’d have a lot more in the NHL already.

But it is kinda crazy that the Sharks entire top-10 prospects outside of Bystedt have essentially been acquired in the last 15 months. Like, that’s pretty insane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad