your team's biggest question(s) entering season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
1725382612515.png

1. Will we repeat the greatest moment of our history of having everyone on the ice ejected vs the sens again?
2. Will we win a single regular season game vs the bruins?
3. Will Adam Boqvist play a lick of defense?
4 Will Barkov ever stop being so overrated?

Dont tune in to find out

• Wow
Reactions: Chainshot

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The biggest question for the regular season is how hostile will the reaction be for Captain Dumb-dumb and his wife Dr. Lady McTrouba after they held the organization hostage with completely unethical threats courtesy of the most unethical agent in the league, Kurt Overhardt.

For the playoffs, can Zibanejad and Panarin play up to their salaries against the best teams for once?

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Meh. I think the biggest reason I forgot we moved Cotter is he's been fairly disappointing to date. He has the skill and physical ability to be a very good top 6 player but he lacks the IQ and game sense. I lumped him in with the rest of a cast of guys that have the tools but are questionable as to whether they have enough to keep this team afloat as a playoff team. Cassidy has a lot of work to do with this upcoming training camp.
I liked Cotter ..... but also noticed that his playoff job was the left-out position.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
:nhl

1- Which new southern cities will join the conversation as potential targets for expansion?

2- Which arena will be the first to sell a hot dog at a more expensive price than you can get a plane ticket in some countries?

3- Will the middle class officially be banned from the arenas or if they'll continue to pretend anybody can buy a ticket?

4- How many more families will be destroyed by the gambling addiction that is actively promoted by the NHL?

5- Who are the next former players to die prematurely from the consequences of their multiple concussions?

6- How long before there is enough expansion teams to land Sam Gagner a new job at the NHL level?

7- When will 72 years old Gary Bettman get his first grey hair?

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
For the Kings...

Goaltending
Byfield
Clarke

Yup, I think it's basically that simple.

Can Portillo emerge vs. how much can an aging Kuemper and 40-game-wonder Rittich hold down the fort?

Can Byfield grow some more, and how much will his growth offset an aging Kopitar?

Can Clarke step right in, and how many minutes can him and Spence wrestle away from Doughty so he DOESNT wane quickly?

Almost nothing else matters

Reactions: Statto

FoxYou727

May 12, 2024
Los Angeles
-How is Patrick Roy going to do with a full training camp
-Will Pelech-Pulock rebound
-Duclair and Tsyplakov are they fits
-If out of playoff does team sell? Nelson and Palmieri  could both fetch a first
-How much more regression can we expect from Lee, and Pageau

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Red Wings:

- Why the hell have Raymond and Seider not been signed yet?
- Will they be better prepared to play in important games down the stretch as opposed to that dreadful 3 weeks in March where they sleepwalked for the first two periods?
- When will Yzerman’s seat begin to be warm if they don’t make the playoffs? You can only sell the fans and players on “building for the long term” for so long.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Kings: how is the front office still employed when Dean Lombardi accomplished so much more and got fired for so much less...

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
Toronto:
When does Matthews going to break Gretzky's single season goal record?
Who locks up their award first, Woll with the Vezina or Rielly with the Norris?
Do we win the cup going 16-0 or does some luckbox team fluke a win off of us?
After all of this, what do the lines look like next year when McDavid #ComesHome?
McDavid can’t come home for two years but otherwise pretty reasonable list.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
i remember the mini trial back in 2022-23, but how many games did he play at center
this past year? these experiments rarely work but he did seem to fit there better than
most guys that try this.

They tried it a few games last year with mixed results, but the whole team was out of sync much of the season. Defensively I think he can do it but the question is can he be an effective center offensively. He needs to improve a lot on faceoffs and I see Buch more as a finisher than a puck distributor. But he seems motivated to try it and if it doesn't work then at least we know for sure.

danny90

Nov 27, 2019
The biggest question for the regular season is how hostile will the reaction be for Captain Dumb-dumb and his wife Dr. Lady McTrouba after they held the organization hostage with completely unethical threats courtesy of the most unethical agent in the league, Kurt Overhardt.

For the playoffs, can Zibanejad and Panarin play up to their salaries against the best teams for once?

What unethical threats? I was searching for what happened and only say that he submitted a 15 team list that included a team he was going to be traded to.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Biggest question:

What walks with four legs in the morning, two legs at noon, and three legs in the evening?

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What unethical threats? I was searching for what happened and only say that he submitted a 15 team list that included a team he was going to be traded to.
Then you didn't search very well. His agent threatened that he wouldn't report to another team, if traded.

danny90

Nov 27, 2019
Then you didn't search very well. His agent threatened that he wouldn't report to another team, if traded.
You’re either confused or lying. If a player refused to report to a team he’s traded to inside his 15 team nmc he’d be in breach of contract.

You can link an article if you can find any proof of your claim(you won’t because it never happened).

Weird to be delusional. Even weirder to be rude about how delusional you are.

Just straight up weird in general.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
- How soon until Sullivan gets shitcanned???

- Will Sullivan even get shitcanned???

- How many games will we blow in the third period again this year??

- Does our missing-the-playoffs streak continue??

I just like your use of the word "shitcanned." I don't think we as a society use the term "shitcanned" enough. Let's change that!

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
:edmonton

Can Ty Emberson continue his growth and fill in as the #4 beside Nurse?

In general, if someone internal steps up and fills the #4D role well, it'll be good. Emberson is likely the best shot with his upside. The only true weakness this team has on paper is the 2nd D pairing.
To me the question is if the 2nd pairing can tread water until we can finally address this 2RD hole that's been there, arguably the whole McDavid era. Although it seems like the question yet again is how we do without one again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad