your team's biggest question(s) entering season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
In Pierre-Luc Dubois, did the Capitals acquire a player on the cheap who will be their next big, talented scoring-line center, signed in his prime at a fair rate for many years into the future?

Else, have the Capitals saddled themselves with an overpaid lout who doesn't want to be here (again), won't put in the effort (again), and is getting harder and harder to trade away to another sucker?

If it's mostly column A, a lot of things fall into place for their retool. If it's mostly column B, then it doesn't really work, does it?

MisterY

May 7, 2010
Enigmatown
1725301227753.png

- Can Montembeault handle the load as the guy?
- Who will be our 6th forward? Presumably to play with Dach and Laine…
- Will Dach stay healthy?
- Will Lane Hutson or Logan Mailloux get a regular spot?
- What new marketing gimmick will Molson find to squeeze more money from the fans?

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I'd say Rangers have quite a few, but these are the main ones for me.

1. What is Igor's next deal going to look like?
2. Does Reilly Smith still have a top-6 game?
3. Are Lindgren and Trouba able to bounce back from last year's playoff performance?
4. Does Kakko have a next level to become a true top-6 guy?

People seems a little more assured of Lafreniere now, but I'd still like to see him deliver this year before I feel better.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Blues:

Can Buchnevich adapt to center full time?
Who will QB the power play with Krug out?
Will Neighbours take a step back or forward after an unexpected 27 goal season?
And obviously, how will Broberg and Holloway do?

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
I'd say Rangers have quite a few.

3. Are Lindgren and Trouba able to bounce back from last year's playoff performance?
5. Does Kakko have a next level to become a true top-6 guy?

People seems a little more assured of Lafreniere now, but I'd still like to see him deliver this year before I felt better.
Respect for keeping it real

hard to point at just 1, but what are they?

:bruins

---can swayman handle the load as the guy?
---who will step into the top 6 (on RW)/pick up slack with debrusk/heinen/etc gone?
---will lindholm/zadorov deliver?
---when will the b's hand the PP keys to mason lohrei?
Great thread btw OP

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

People seems a little more assured of Lafreniere now, but I'd still like to see him deliver this year before I felt better.

I've got a question, what happened to #4?

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Blues:

Can Buchnevich adapt to center full time?
Who will QB the power play with Krug out?
Will Neighbours take a step back or forward after an unexpected 27 goal season?
And obviously, how will Broberg and Holloway do?
Say what you want about Saad but he’s a great guy for the locker room and for the next Blues up

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Respect for keeping it real

Great thread btw OP

The Rangers are still a contender, but how much of one is going to live or die by the answers.
I've got a question, what happened to #4?

Fair enough. I had Lafreniere's consistency there, but I removed it because it's more my thing than something I've been hearing from NYR fans. Forgot to adjust.

Reactions: Coffees

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

People seems a little more assured of Lafreniere now, but I'd still like to see him deliver this year before I feel better.
If Kakko finds the next level, does he move up to #4 from #5?

Reactions: Reality Czech

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Sorry just saw a few Blues fans opinions and I just assumed.

Have a good one

He's one guy we don't have question marks about. You know what you're getting with him. I guess the only question is will he be dealt to a contender at the deadline? Probably more likely next year but if the price is right...

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
He's one guy we don't have question marks about. You know what you're getting with him. I guess the only question is will he be dealt to a contender at the deadline? Probably more likely next year but if the price is right...
He would be a solid addition to any contender

The Grinder

No Respect
Oct 17, 2008
Jefferson, NJ
Devils:

1.) Can Jack Hughes stay healthy and build upon his 22-23 season?
2.) Can they play a tighter, grittier, more defensively adept game up front without sacrificing offense?
3.) Is their goaltending problem fixed with the tandem of Markstrom/Allen?
4.) What do they get out of Luke Hughes/Nemec this year? A small jump in growth? A leap forward? Or sophomorish slumps? Their success will really determine whether the devils are a good team or a great team in 24-25.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Well, aside from the unfortunate obvious... :(
  • How well does Evason do in general as new HC? (Like, will he have staying power?)
  • Will Fantilli take that next step this year? How about KJ, or Sillinger, or Jiricek, or...
  • Does Waddell's quixotic quest to get Elvis going again actually have any chance of success?
  • Was cleaning out the blueline depth actually the right move to get everyone going, or is our defense still going to hurt?
  • Do we get to see the Siberian Line again? Do they keep being awesome if/when we do?
  • Will Mateychuk continue to develop such that Provorov really does become expendable at the deadline as planned/expected?
  • Are we going to at least look good and entertaining for the game at the Shoe?
  • Can we be just f***ing done with the injuries already?

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Avs :
1. How well do we play early with all the recovering and missing players? (Landy, Nuke, Lekhonen)
2. Which Cale Makar are we getting defensively?
3. Can Nuke comeback clean or is he gonna waste another year of contention?
4. What kind of player are we getting in Landeskog?
5. How does our 3rd pairing look?

Reactions: Nevins

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
:edmonton

Can Ty Emberson continue his growth and fill in as the #4 beside Nurse?

In general, if someone internal steps up and fills the #4D role well, it'll be good. Emberson is likely the best shot with his upside. The only true weakness this team has on paper is the 2nd D pairing.

Reactions: Nevins

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
:canes
How will they handle the loss of an elite second pairing of Skjei-Pesce? If say Orlov-Walker and Ghost-Chatty gel as pairings quickly everything should be fine there, and worst case Orlov-Chatty is a pretty good second unit in it's own right.

But Skjei-Pesce handled a lot of the tough defensive matchups since Burns is slowing down. There is no safety valve that's Pesce's tier on that side any more even if he was starting to slow down himself.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
-What lies will Kevyn Adams come up with for all the unused cap space instead of admitting it's because Terry needs the money for the throwball stadium overrun costs and the Sabres will remain a poverty franchise until said stadium opens?

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
For the Wild:

2nd line scoring, who is going to take the final top 6 slot and keep it? Marcus Johansson flubbed out last season but did look better when he finally got healthy and rested. Ohgren may have the inside track for it but there is a lot of pressure for the position this year.

Goaltending, can Gus find consistency and focus? Does Wallstedt emerge as capable? How many games does Fleury get in his retirement season?

D health, can Spurgeon return to form and stay healthy along with Brodin after both missed significant games last season? Are any of the prospects ready to step up for injuries this season? The right side looks particularly vulnerable to injuries with Spurgeon and Bogosian known for missing time often.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad