GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (5-2-0, 10 Pts) vs. Washington Capitals (2-1-0, 4 Pts), 7 PM, MSGSN2

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Talk about it all you want, don’t let others stop you. He’s supposed to be our best player, a “superstar ” and game breaker.

He’ll get plenty of praise when he does so.
Jack has lots of talent, his hockey IQ is a ?

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
been seeing it since last year. He's not right, and it’s not just physical limitation.
I think it was Marty St.Louis who said one of my favorite things I’ve heard in recent years. Can’t find it and don’t remember it word for word but it was something along the lines of being good being all about being the best player at 80% effort. Because no one can possibly play at 100% all the time. In my opinion that’s Jack’s problem.

We’ve seen him at his best bearing down for some good stretches and he looks like one of the best players in the league. The problem is he’s never gonna be able to play at 100% flying around all the time and it seems like the drop off in his game from 100 to 80% is horrible.

My biggest concern with him and the future of this team.

Reactions: SansaStark

Deviled

Oct 10, 2024
Ive arrived so im sure the Devils will take notice and start to score now

From what little I saw we didnt seem too bad; dictate the pace of play and go from there

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
We’ve seen him at his best bearing down for some good stretches and he looks like one of the best players of the league. The problem is he’s never gonna be able to play at 100% flying around all the time and it seems like the drop off in his game from 100 to 80% is horrible.

My biggest concern with him and the future of this team.

I think the problem is because outside of his skating, he's not a superstar. I mentioned this early in his career and so many people disagreed with me. So, if he's not skating like a maniac and making plays through his skating, what you see (the bad stuff), happens

Reactions: Captain3rdLine

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Anyone watching through sportsnet know when their deal is up? So ridiculous and frustrating missing 6 minutes of the period randomly.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I think the problem is because outside of his skating, he's not a superstar. I mentioned this early in his career and so many people disagreed with me. So, if he's not skating like a maniac and making plays through his skating, what you see (the bad stuff), happens
Agree and I don’t think this is appreciated enough. He doesn’t have elite hands or an elite shot or anything. His skating very much makes his game but as I said he can’t just fly around every game.

Reactions: PKs Broken Stick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad