GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (4-2-0, 8 Pts) @ Ottawa Senators (2-1-0, 4 Pts), 7 PM, MSG

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
It's 3:30 AM and I am on vacation in Italy on the Amalfi Coast right now for 2 weeks. It's finally my first time here (34 years old and have dual USA & Italian citizenship) and i just listened to the game on my Grandmother's balcony of her apartment right next to the ocean (no vacations for Devils hockey haha). It's always good to hear Matt & Chico every once in awhile to get a break from the TV broadcast. It sounded like the Devils cake alive in the 2nd and 3rd but are still not getting enough out of guys like Jack , Mercer , Hamilton etc. Hopefully they get their games going soon but atleast the team has a good record 7 games in and we are getting better goaltending , an awesome penalty kill and some more production/jam from our bottom 6. Things that we lacked last season at large stretches.
Two things, enjoy the coast its f***ing amazing, just go pointlessly walking and you'll see amazing stuff. Driving is insane as well. Also, duel citizenship through family??? If so and you did it at all recently let me know, I might start the process soon, just overwhelming.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Big balls
south-park.gif

Reactions: My3Sons

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
It's 3:30 AM and I am on vacation in Italy on the Amalfi Coast right now for 2 weeks. It's finally my first time here (34 years old and have dual USA & Italian citizenship) and i just listened to the game on my Grandmother's balcony of her apartment right next to the ocean (no vacations for Devils hockey haha). It's always good to hear Matt & Chico every once in awhile to get a break from the TV broadcast. It sounded like the Devils cake alive in the 2nd and 3rd but are still not getting enough out of guys like Jack , Mercer , Hamilton etc. Hopefully they get their games going soon but atleast the team has a good record 7 games in and we are getting better goaltending , an awesome penalty kill and some more production/jam from our bottom 6. Things that we lacked last season at large stretches.

Umm... in Italy listening to hockey... Name checks out.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So I took a stroll over to the main board, mostly to go look for the Yzerfail... I mean plan thread. And I saw this

I never did get a chance to check out the Detroit thread.

Speaking of Ruff, I'm at least glad we aren't gonna go through years and years of not being able to beat Ruff and Green. We did it on our first try against both.

Still waiting for that elusive first win over John Hynes. We'll get two cracks at doing that for a first time at the end of March.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
So I took a stroll over to the main board, mostly to go look for the Yzerfail... I mean plan thread. And I saw this

I'm actually feeling a bit bad for Lindy. It's appears his time is up as a head coach. Seems like a good guy. But it's time.

Reactions: Bleedred

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Speaking of Ruff, I'm at least glad we aren't gonna go through years and years of not being able to beat Ruff and Green. We did it on our first try against both.

Still waiting for that elusive first win over John Hynes. We'll get two cracks at doing that for a first time at the end of March.
After years of inconsistent net minders Markstrom has to be lowering your blood pressure this season

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm actually feeling a bit bad for Lindy. It's appears his time is up as a head coach. Seems like a good guy. But it's time.
You know, as I said in that thread, I thought at first that Lindy might wind up being GM and replacing the fired Kevyn Adams as early as this coming offseason. And wondered if maybe he'd be dual HC/GM, we haven't seen one on a non-interim basis in 15+ years. Jacques Martin in Florida is the last one I can think of, other than when a couple of them (Lou, Bob Murray) came in as interims to finish out the season after firing the previous head coach.

But now I'm starting to think this may just be a reunion/retirement tour for Lindy in Buffalo. Much like when Ken Hitchcock returned to Dallas for one last season at the end of his career. Ruff was actually who he replaced there. Hitchcock did wind up becoming interim head coach of Edmonton for one last season after that. Or the most recent example was Jacques Martin in Ottawa last year, but he was just an interim to coach out the rest of last year.

I wouldn't hate it if he ended up here in some kind of role, which obviously wouldn't be head coach or probably even an assistant or coach of any kind.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Winning the games they should be winning is a big step forward.

They're still in the process of establishing their identity right now. They seem slow, and while maybe the team speed has been weakened through their additions, it could just be them overthinking an unfamiliar system.

This is a game we would have lost 4-1 last year.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I am beside myself with joy. This was the best NJ game since they won their last cup. Hamilton took thr leap. He acted and it was glorious. Like a child taking its first steps this will lead to much bigger and better things. Today will always be the day Dr Evil planted his flag and say Tkachuck you will not pass.

Reactions: BostonDevil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad