GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (4-2-0, 8 Pts) @ Ottawa Senators (2-1-0, 4 Pts), 7 PM, MSG

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I think there’s a bit of washing last year’s stench off that is happening. You can see guys get into funks and start missing the mark. Carolina was a punch in the mouth after a dominant win so you might be seeing the boys sulking a bit. If that’s the case they need to work through it and I’m sure they’ll get there. It helps having a goalie keep you in games when you struggle.

But the back end is a big part of it. Dillon shouldn’t be playing as high as he is. Dougie is still working his way back from a serious injury. It’s not a huge shock they’re struggling at times. Siegs and Kovacevic are a reliable shutdown pair right now. Then you have a righty rookie playing his offside with a sophomore. That’s a tough go but they’ve done pretty darn well going 4-2 out of the gate. Hughes and Pesce returning will really help for deployment.

Dylan9z9

LGD 2024-25
May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
Pesce has been doing it for years and Canes really missed him last season when he was injured. Dillon was a bottom/middle pair dman his whole career.

even if we roll with Luke-Pesce as top pair, we really just need to lesser Dillon's minutes and exposure. although I'd really like to split that Dillon-Dougie pair, they look slow as shit, loses a lot of board battles and offensively is just dougie shooting with no moviment or creativity
Dillon was a wrecking ball in the beginning wtf happened to that?

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
i always thought money shots in eyes can't be fun :rolleyes:
my-eye-im-not-supposed-to-get-pudding-in-it.gif

• Haha
Reactions: njdevils1982

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think there’s a bit of washing last year’s stench off that is happening. You can see guys get into funks and start missing the mark. Carolina was a punch in the mouth after a dominant win so you might be seeing the boys sulking a bit. If that’s the case they need to work through it and I’m sure they’ll get there. It helps having a goalie keep you in games when you struggle.

But the back end is a big part of it. Dillon shouldn’t be playing as high as he is. Dougie is still working his way back from a serious injury. It’s not a huge shock they’re struggling at times. Siegs and Kovacevic are a reliable shutdown pair right now. Then you have a righty rookie playing his offside with a sophomore. That’s a tough go but they’ve done pretty darn well going 4-2 out of the gate. Hughes and Pesce returning will really help for deployment.

The logical long term move is splitting Dougie and Dillion up. Maybe they are waiting until some fresh bodies join the lineup

Deviled

Oct 10, 2024
Pesce has been doing it for years and Canes really missed him last season when he was injured. Dillon was a bottom/middle pair dman his whole career.

even if we roll with Luke-Pesce as top pair, we really just need to lesser Dillon's minutes and exposure. although I'd really like to split that Dillon-Dougie pair, they look slow as shit, loses a lot of board battles and offensively is just dougie shooting with no moviment or creativity
I know he did very well in Carolina. But I read over the last two seasons he was losing foot speed; tack on the injury he suffered and id be lying if I said Im not concerned about it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad