Value of: your middle-six winger to the blue jackets

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What’s the deal with Provorov? How’s his defense?
He's been more or less fine; Mateychuk just looked really really good in camp so some folks want to hand things over to him early, particularly after Provorov makes a mistake or two.

His defense is... adequate. Not great, not even really "good" considering the amount of responsibility he gets, but adequate. We could do a whole heck of a lot worse (and historically have).

Reactions: Perratrooper

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
He's been more or less fine; Mateychuk just looked really really good in camp so some folks want to hand things over to him early, particularly after Provorov makes a mistake or two.

His defense is... adequate. Not great, not even really "good" considering the amount of responsibility he gets, but adequate. We could do a whole heck of a lot worse (and historically have).
Just overpaid for what he brings...not a Matey call up, we just really still have too many defense and not enough spots with Harris and Jiri rotating

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Jarnkrok can probably he had for a 3rd or 4th round pick. He has a contract for the rest of this season and next at 2.1 million.

10 goals last year (missed about 30 due to injury). 20 goals the year before. Not a very sexy player but can get the job done in the middle 6.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Also available your winger for Provorov deals

I'd wonder if there's not a deal to be done on this for Vancouver. They've got wingers, and plenty of "middle-six" types that would probably be entirely expendable for a defenceman like Provorov. His mobility and modicum of puck-moving ability would be pretty welcome on that second pair.

Provorov would also be nice in that his cap number is nice and low with everybody retaining on him already...potentially CBJ even able to retain down even further? But his contract ask beyond this year would probably be a factor to consider as well. Not sure Vancouver would want another "pure rental", even this early in the season where you'd be renting a full year of him.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
something around:

heinen + forbort + prospect + 2026 1st for provorov @ 50%

?

prospect would have to be in the pettersson / silovs tier presumably?
We don't really need the futures that badly, so making a deal futures-heavy and throwing in an extraneous roster player doesn't do us much good. It's not necessarily bad but I don't think it suits what we're trying to do. (Or, put differently, I find the "Mantha for a 3rd" possibility from elsewhere in this thread to be a stronger match for what we could use.)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I like the player, but not sure I like his contract
He'll be 32 when the contract ends. And he had his best years under Evason at Minnesota. And... well, suffice to say we've got cap space. The only things keeping me from pouncing are worries about Trade Scope Creep and blueline depth.

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
Carcone if you want a bottom 6 goalscorer.
Schmaltz if you want a top line winger that can be a playmaker.
Utah has a log jam of wingers. They do need a RD.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Carcone if you want a bottom 6 goalscorer.
Schmaltz if you want a top line winger that can be a playmaker.
Utah has a log jam of wingers. They do need a RD.
I'd argue we need a RD as well. Provorov's a lefty playing his off-hand and is on the top pairing right now mostly because nobody else has looked quite as adequate there. (Unless you count Mateychuk's preseason, which... well, as much as I love the guy, just the thought of throwing him to the wolves like that makes me whimper in fear. "Hey, kid! Your first games in the NHL will be on the top pairing on your off-hand. Sound good? Cool!" He'd be a f***ing legend if he pulled it off, but there's no way we'd be that lucky.)

Reactions: Prestigeworldwide

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad