Your lineup 22/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 331730
  • Start date
  • PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
With the OS we'd be opening ourselves up for revenge on Dahlin/Power plus a bunch of our good young forwards. This is a direction I'd have gone with the Eichel/Risto/Reinhart core but not right now. You would have thought TB would prefer the trade route too - they get to choose their futures & control their destiny.

I'm not worried about TB getting to a place where they can offer up a revenge OS.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Loved Sturm coming out as a UDFA and he stepped right into that role in Minny. That said, it's probably Fiala and not Dumba who gets moved for cap relief this summer.

Whitecloud has one of the best deals for what he provides in the league. His fancy stats are fabulous. He was another UDFA who was easy to love coming out of the NCAA. Dadanov remains the likely piece jettisoned from the Knights and they may not retain Smith. That solves most of their issues going into next year. Theodore... there is just no way they trade their #1 d-man.

I was thinking Dumba since he is a UFA after 2022-23. Depending on the offers and what Fiala wants to re-sign, I would lean towards keeping the guy that is under team control longer.

:dunno:

With Vegas, I think they will move LB if they feel good about Thompson backing up Lehner at $1.5M-ish less against the cap.

And Theodore is a dream. But, they are going to have a challenge just re-signing all their RFAs even if they let Smith and their other UFAs walk and trade Dadonov with no cap coming back.

Cirelli & Theodore are in that same category of dream adds from teams that are in cap trouble.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I'm not worried about TB getting to a place where they can offer up a revenge OS.

Some other GM might though. It's weird how these things work.

I'm getting my own house in order first before trying to snipe other players via OS.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Some other GM might though. It's weird how these things work.

I'm getting my own house in order first before trying to snipe other players via OS.

I am for using any potential method to improve the team.

And as far as being scared of other GMs OSing Sabres, Vanek got the OS from Edmonton without Buffalo throwing an OS out there.

Adams should OS Cirelli and say it is payback for the Vanek OS.

:lol:

Scared money don't make money.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I would be a little wary of giving away valuable assets to a player like Dumba because of his term, he will be one year away from UFA, and what to do with him at TDL after that? And then an injury?

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Putting this here to fill in the blank spots (X, Y, Z, G) later.

$M at left margin, I think my current total is $51-52M, not counting bonuses. I have no concerns getting to the floor by filling in the blanks.
In:
15.15_Skinner Thompson Tuch
_6.3_Krebs Cozens Olofsson (resigned 4.5M)
_4.3_Peterka Mittelstadt Quinn
_8.2_XXX Girgensons Okposo
_0.8_Asplund_YYY
Out:
[_1.6_Bjork - buried "saves" them ~0.5M, or more preferably traded.]

In:
_6.0_ZZZ - Dahlin (move him back to the right side if ZZZ is a lefty, keep him on the left if ZZZ is a righty)
_2.75_Power - Pysyk (re-signed, 1.75M, willing to go higher)
_3.4_Samuelsson - Jokiharju
Trade one and keep one(?):
_0.9_Laaksonen
_0.8_Fitzgerald

Out:
_Bryson (1.2M value? Power replaces his skill set on the left)

In:
GGG
0.9_Lukkonen (I list his QO, but expect a couple years at $2-3M.)

For the offseason:
Forward:
A. I'm willing to trade anyone except Tuch, Krebs, Cozens. And there are others I'm sure won't be traded.
B. Trade Bjork to a cap-strapped team for a high-$ contract, straight up. Acquisition must be a decent guy personally, not an asshole. The strategy here is to spend money to get a minor talent upgrade from Bjork (won't be hard), but not provide a locker room / team-bonding distraction (larger concern). Try to pry a 7th rounder with it, but don't fret it if you can't, especially if you can get a player with decent physical size.
C. XXX & YYY need to be a large, durable forwards, who can preferably slot at center if/when needed.
I'm fine with Brett Murray as one of those, and Jankowski is welcome back, re-signed. But I prefer a talent upgrade for at least one of those slots. I think Jankowski, re-signed, has a decent chance of passing through waivers after camp, if he's not slotted in the top 14 forwards.
Defense:
ZZZ - Get a defensively-solid d-man to pair with Dahlin and/or Power. Preferably someone large and with some physicality (vs., e.g., a reincarnation of Rej Sekera).
Goal:
GGG - Overpay for 2 years. They can afford it.

I hope they look at teams with cap issues to try and make some moves. <snip>
Agreed. Sabres have leverage. They should be willing to trade for short-term deals which obtain marginal talent upgrades and, in particular, size. They don't need home-run deals.

=======
I found the armchair GM on CapFriendly, but didn't use it.
(There's an Oilers fan on there who think BUF would/should trade Olofsson at the TDL for a conditional 2nd/3rd...yeah...)

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
If the team was just below the cap floor could they renegotiate an existing contract? For example, bump Tage up to $4m for his remaining term . . . ?

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
I’d take Dylan.

CHI gets Fla 1st, 22 3rd, Girgs, Bork. BUF gets Murphy and Strome. Sign Strome 2 or 3 @2.75m
Re-sign VO 3 x $5.5, Hino 2 or 3 x 1.75
Go sign Lyubushkin 2 x $1.6
Overpay Kuemper 3 x $6
Also get Holtby 2 x $3.5-4

Skinner - Thompson - Tuch
VO - Strome - Krebs
Okposo - Cozens - Hino
JJ/Asplund - Mitts - Quinn/Jank

Dahlin - Joker
Murphy - Lyubushkin
Samuellson - Fitzgerald

Kuemper
Holtby
UPL (re-sign 2 x $1.4m)

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Skinner-Thompson-Tuch
Krebs-Cozens-Oloffson
Quinn-Mittelstadt-Gallagher
Asplund-Girgensons-Okposo
Murray

Dahlin-Jokiharju
Power-Petry
Samuelsson-Pysyk
Bryson-Fitzgerald (who also gets F spins if needed)

Holtby
Luukkonen

Signed Holtby at 2-years for $3.75 M, deal a couple picks and Laaksonen to the Habs for Petry and Gallagher, sign Olofsson to 3 years for $4.75M, Pysyk gets 2-years, $1.75M. That puts them firmly over the cap floor ($65M), adds some veteran presence and jam in Petry/Gallagher, gives them a 1B to split time with UPL.
This looks like an NHL roster. I like how you go for guys that aren't top UFA guys but want to fill out some depth spots that really round up the roster.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
I’d take Dylan.

CHI gets Fla 1st, 22 3rd, Girgs, Bork. BUF gets Murphy and Strome. Sign Strome 2 or 3 @2.75m
Re-sign VO 3 x $5.5, Hino 2 or 3 x 1.75
Go sign Lyubushkin 2 x $1.6
Overpay Kuemper 3 x $6
Also get Holtby 2 x $3.5-4

Skinner - Thompson - Tuch
VO - Strome - Krebs
Okposo - Cozens - Hino
JJ/Asplund - Mitts - Quinn/Jank

Dahlin - Joker
Murphy - Lyubushkin
Samuellson - Fitzgerald

Kuemper
Holtby
UPL (re-sign 2 x $1.4m)
Honestly. I just want to keep all our first rounders. Keep building the team through development. I would definitely move a 2nd to move up. Or multiple firsts to move up but I'm pretty against trading a first for a guy that would take a young guys spot.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I’d take Dylan.

I don't think Chicago would ever agree to that trade; but for S&G if they did why not. It's also not clear why Strome would accept a pay cut.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Honestly. I just want to keep all our first rounders. Keep building the team through development. I would definitely move a 2nd to move up. Or multiple firsts to move up but I'm pretty against trading a first for a guy that would take a young guys spot.

For me it would depend on the player but a young 23/24yo that's an improvement on current roster pieces is ok

Deleted member 331730

To all of you who are wildly speculating about which new fa should come and why.....you understand the title of this thread, right?:huh::D

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
To all of you who are wildly speculating about which new fa should come and why.....you understand the title of this thread, right?:huh::D
Ya, although it should have been called ‘ plug in our prospects in the spots of free agents and continue to be shitty’. What’s the fun in that?

Reactions: Jacob582

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I would trade a 1st to get rid of Bjork.

Late 1st
Bjork
Pick/prospect

For

Lawson Crouse

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I would trade a 1st to get rid of Bjork.

Late 1st
Bjork
Pick/prospect

For

Lawson Crouse
What? No. Why?
There's way more efficient ways to not see him dressed every game.

What about plucking a Tanner Jeannot from Nash. He's at 15+14 on the season to lend some real depth. At 24 the rookie UDFA, nicknamed "The Oxbow Ox" is a mean SOB. Not afraid to drop the gloves and his forechecking keeps defensemen looking over their shoulder.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
What? No. Why?
There's way more efficient ways to not see him dressed every game.

What about plucking a Tanner Jeannot from Nash. He's at 15+14 on the season to lend some real depth. At 24 the rookie UDFA, nicknamed "The Oxbow Ox" is a mean SOB. Not afraid to drop the gloves and his forechecking keeps defensemen looking over their shoulder.
But why would Nashville trade him, and what would they be interested in anyway?

Reactions: Jacob582

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Connor Murphy seems like just such a great fit for a late first. Right handed shot, good underlying numbers, affordable contract, good size, excellent character. An Owen Power - Connor Murphy pairing seems very tempting.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Connor Murphy seems like just such a great fit for a late first. Right handed shot, good underlying numbers, affordable contract, good size, excellent character. An Owen Power - Connor Murphy pairing seems very tempting.
Yeap, or Dahlin - Murphy if experiment Dahlin - Jokiharju does not suit Granato after this season.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
But why would Nashville trade him, and what would they be interested in anyway?
Who knows. They could use a shake up right about now. They may feel he's redundant with a couple other rats on the team and maybe just see him as found money. Poile isn't a dummy so we probably wouldn't steal him but it wouldn't cost a fortune either.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
In a vaccum the lineups suggested look nice, an improvement, especially as the youngins gain some more muscle.

Of course it just doesn't sniff Toronto/Boston/Tampa for the division, really at all. I wonder when that could actually happen. Probly 24-25 (stamkos and others getting older), maybe 23-24 at the earliest

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad