Apr 15, 2024
Marchand - Coyle - DeBrusk
Zacha - Boqvist - Pastrnak
JVR - Frederic - Brazeau
Maroon - Beecher - Geekie

Lindholm - McAvoy
Lohrei - Carlo
Wotherpsoon - Shattenkirk

He won't ever do it. But I like where your head is at with it.

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
I would think against the Panthers Forbort is ahead of Gryz on the depth chart.

Peeke has to start as soon as he is ready. Playing Shatts is driving up the minutes for McAvoy. They've got 2 rookies on the ice, and still Shatts is barely playing and getting the most sheltered minutes possible when he does get on the ice
Shattenkirk has been cool as a cucumber out there and absolutely needs to be playing.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I’m 100 percent FOR giving Ullmark the start.

Rest Sway. It’s about the long game folks. Short turn around and Game 1 is in Florida. Ullmark happens to have very good numbers against them.

The rest of the lineup stays the same for me though I hope Peeke and Heinen are available soon.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Not sure about what lines I’d use, but I’d definitely start Ullmark in net. He owns Florida.
He’s 4-0

I Shwwwwway game 1 and if he’s off Ullsy gsme 2

But not that crazy to go Ullmark game 1 - but better off to keep that card

Swayman could pull a Dryden or Ruhhhhwah

Good news is hate all the East teams left

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Shattenkirk has been cool as a cucumber out there and absolutely needs to be playing.
Uhhhh..

Ill give to post his scratch during the series he stepped it up a bit.

But he was woof in games prior to that. I think he does well after the occasional games off.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

he plays the fewest shifts of anyone on the defense, and by a HUGE margin. He had 2 or maybe 3 games where he played less than 10 minutes even strength, and is getting 82% of his face offs in the offensive zone . He is putting a huge load on McAvoy who basically has to double shift whenever there is a defensive zone faceoff.

Montgomery has zero confidence in him in the defensive zone

Reactions: DKH and JCRO

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Witherspoon, Peeke, Shattenkirk all
Uhhhh..

Ill give to post his scratch during the series he stepped it up a bit.

But he was woof in games prior to that. I think he does well after the occasional games off.
lindholm was brutal the entire series; except last game; loheri look good at times but always in trouble near end of shift in own zone.

when we took Shattenkirk out we lost.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Marchand - Coyle - DeBrusk
Zacha - Boqvist - Pastrnak
JVR - Frederic - Brazeau
Maroon - Beecher - Geekie

Lindholm - McAvoy
Lohrei - Carlo
Wotherpsoon - Shattenkirk
It’s kinda funky but I like it - curious how Boqvist would look there because he was drafted as a scorer center top 40 player

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I’m going with swayman. He’s a 25 year old professional athlete. He doesn’t need rest unless he’s injured. Can’t sit the guy who was your best weapon in the series

Ullmark has been too much of a liability in the playoffs in his career to mess around with him.

Last edited:

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I would actually start Ullmark for game 1 and let Swayman have a rest, see how Ullmark does and you can always go back to Swayman or rotate them if they are both playing well.

Reactions: bme44

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Wow Florida just totally switched things up to match our depth

Verhaeghe - Barkov - Tkachuk
Luostarinen - Lundell - Reinhart
Rodrigues - Stenlund - Tarasenko
Cousins - Lorentz - Okposo
Lomberg/Gadjovich

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Guessing

63-13-74
XX-18-88
21-11-55
XX-70-61

The two XX will be chosen from Beecher, Geekie and Heinen I would think. I figure it will be the same lines as last night

So happy you’re back!

He’s 4-0

I Shwwwwway game 1 and if he’s off Ullsy gsme 2

But not that crazy to go Ullmark game 1 - but better off to keep that card

Swayman could pull a Dryden or Ruhhhhwah

Good news is hate all the East teams left

Good point….

I mean, it’s not like I love any East team…..but Florida, NYR, Carolina are 3,4,5 behind Montreal and Toronto.

Reactions: LouJersey

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
It’s kinda funky but I like it - curious how Boqvist would look there because he was drafted as a scorer center top 40 player
Biggest issue I saw from the Pastrnak line was their inability to enter the offensive zone. Boqvist is one of our better forwards at zone entries. I think once that line can enter the zone, the 5 on 5 points will come.

Geekie isn't an issue there, but I don't think he has been seeing the ice that well. I think if he simplifies his game on the 4th line, Maroon, Beecher, and Geekie could be a great forechecking line and Maroon will eventually catch up once Beecher and Geekie are on the forecheck.

Reactions: DKH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad