Value of: Your LH top 4 PMD to Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

axepig

Jul 14, 2014
So Montreal needs a top 4 PMD to play with Weber and nobody is sure if Beaulieu or Sergachev can fill that spot. What would be the price for a good puck moving D? Ideally below 30 but someone like Edler would be quite appreciated.

Untouchables are Price, Weber, Gallagher and Galchenyuk.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Beaulieu will be fine stop underrating him. he has everything to succeed, top notch skating, good vision, above average defensively, ok shot. he has been playing a conservative reliable game for the past years, but his offensive game has alot more ceiling and this will come with bigger responsability with PK gone, mark my word, beaulieu will have a realy good season, you will see him carry the puck alot more and his offensive numbers will go up. the only thing i see beaulieu lacking is a heavy shot, hes a smart player and pairing him with weber will be perfect.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Or maybe Sergachev ?

i know its fun to have draft a good D prospect like this and after subban being traded everyone would like the kid to step up and take his place but let the kid burn the OHL an other year and work on his flaws, i'd rather have a more prepared young kid than a rushed who will do just decent his first year! i have nothing against giving him 9 games to see wheres he's at in his developpement but i would definitely put him back in the O no matter what after!

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Hmm should get a a good d-man for Patches. Ducks maybe got 1 spare in fowler

Akhurite

Feb 3, 2014
Toronto,ON
There are no top 4 LHD available for anything remotely close to what we can afford to give up... Give Beaulieu a chance... now that he has literally the perfect partner for his development I expect him to have a big year

Group Chat Legend*

Have to feel for Weber - going from Josi to Beaulieu lol

Get another top 4 d if you want a cup

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
i dont see any team moving a youngish top 4 dman for what you are willing to give up (Juulsen+ 2nd seems to be the new Ryder/Halak + 2nd)

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
untouchables must include pacs, i mean srsly. He gets only paid 4M and scores 30 to 40 goals and ppl cant even declare him as such?? He has way more value than gallagher and saying fowler for pacs is crazy.

Other than those players (weber, price, 2x gallies, pacs and segechev) the habs dont have much to offer to other teams asides beaulieu, radulov, juulsen, shcerback and lehkonen (he did break alfredsson's record at such a young age tho, give him a chance in the top 6).

All the habs can offer are no cant-miss prospects in McCarron, Hudon, reway and all those meh players like danualt and so on. Its really a shame the habs dont have anything other than their core players of much value.

I propose a fowler trade. Fowler/shatt (on 1 year contract) for , 1 A-level Prospect (F), 1rst round pick (lottery protected) and plekanec/emelin. But prob wont work out so yeah habs prob wont get a top 4 D before the end of the offseason

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Fowler for patches

Not enough from Anaheim. We would have to add a decent piece to Fowler to get Montreal to listen.

Weird... I didn't think Lindholm was spelled Fowler...

GL getting a 30-40 goal scorer with a d-man that has been disppointing the last couple of seasons

We wouldn't get Pacioretty for Fowler but to say he's been disappointing for the last couple of seasons is admitting you haven't watched him much or are boxscore scouting.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Other than those players (weber, price, 2x gallies, pacs and segechev) the habs dont have much to offer to other teams asides beaulieu, radulov, juulsen, shcerback and lehkonen (he did break alfredsson's record at such a young age tho, give him a chance in the top 6).

That hurt to read

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
Leave Beaulieu with Weber.

Weber helped both Suter & Josi along the way. He could absolutely do the same with Beaulieu.

Beaulieu over the last few years looked great when paired with Subban, Petry & Gonchar. He looked great with other PMD's & he looked much more confident.

He looked just ok with Gilbert, Pateryn, Emelin, etc. guys who aren't great with the puck & were mistake prone.

Beaulieu-Weber
Emelin-Petry
Markov-Pateryn
(Barberio/Redmond)

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Leave Beaulieu with Weber.

Weber helped both Suter & Josi along the way. He could absolutely do the same with Beaulieu.

Beaulieu over the last few years looked great when paired with Subban, Petry & Gonchar. He looked great with other PMD's & he looked much more confident.

He looked just ok with Gilbert, Pateryn, Emelin, etc. guys who aren't great with the puck & were mistake prone.

Beaulieu-Weber
Emelin-Petry
Markov-Pateryn
(Barberio/Redmond)

Emelin and Beaulieu in the top 4? I can see why the habs want a guy :laugh:

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
Emelin and Beaulieu in the top 4? I can see why the habs want a guy :laugh:

I don't get what you're trying to insinuate here. Emelin actually played like a number 4 last year & fully was with Jeff Petry who makes up for Emelin's lack of foot speed.

Beaulieu with Weber would be a very strong pairing. Nothing to laugh at.

Also, you must be forgetting that it's Carey Price in net. Does that name ring a bell?

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
Beaulieu - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Pateryn / Barberio

is a good blue line, and even Sergachev will maybe crack the roster. What we need is a ****in' left wing to play on our 2nd line if the organization don't wanna give a good shot to Andrighetto, which I doubt will happen.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
So Weber needs to play with a PMD...

Hmm, Mtl already has one of the better ones in the league in Markov..

It seems people are either mixing up skating dmen that like to skate the puck out of the zone with puck moving dmen.

Markov is slow and can't skate the puck out but is an elite puck mover. Last year few years he hasn't had to do it as much because he was paired with Subban who liked to hold on to the puck.

Weber isn't slow, he is an average skater so him paired with Markov could work, but I mean if you want to give Markov easier minutes I can see how you want another puck mover to play with Weber.

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
Our untouchables are pretty much the only players that could possibly bring back a top 4 D.

Also, add Patches to the untouchables, our top 6 is already weak as it is that we cannot afford losing him.

No point in losing a picks and prospects when Sergachev is proably going to crack this roster in 1 year. Lets start the season and see what happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad