Value of: Your goaler to the Avs

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
you can certainly accept poor net minders for a bottom price if that is yr choice
I said that atm, Shesty is possibly available, but he is not available for cheap, b'c Rs can still go 12.25 ish x 4 and get it done if they have to, and there are gonna be 4-ish or so bidders w/high end offers.

So any bidder needs to recognize Shesty is elite, Vezina quality, entering prime, and offer accordingly.
In case of Avs, I don't expect there is any currency acceptable other than MacKinnon.

If you don't want to go there, fine, no prob.
But it is elite for elite and it is not an insulting premise
It's insulting Bern. Cut it out.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I've said it in other places but I think Gustavsson would be a good target.

He's off to a hot start though and he's on a division rival, AND it leaves the Wild with only 1 goalie next year, but he's probably the guy that checks the most boxes (track record/cap hit) that could be available. Maybe they take Georgiev back just to keep that insurance if you could pass him through waivers.

Not sure what the Wild would be after though.

After that, Fleury and Gibson would be my choices, but there's not too much in the way of clear upgrades right now. I just want a guy who has a bit of a track record and handles pressure well.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
It's tough when a team has a clear need like this, since the pressure on anyone they acquire will be huge, so if it isn't a bargain-bin purchase, it needs to be someone ready to deal with the pressure.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
The ask for Gustavsson would be fairly high. He’s looked every bit like 2022 Vezina Gus so far this year.

As a Wild fan I’d much prefer we run a Gus Wally tandem this year and send Flower anywhere but the crease.

But if it’s Flower and Wally I’m ok with it. This team isn’t going anywhere until next year anyways

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Grubauer 50% retained for Georgiev.

Seattle are probably looking to buyout Grubauer next summer and that trade saves the. $1.75m in real cash compared to a buyout.
I feel like Seattle would explore options to retain for only 1 year instead of 3, or retain way less than $2.95m.

Maybe something like :

Grubauer (12% retained) 3 yrs
Borgen 1 yr (expiring)

for

Georgiev 1 yr (expiring)
Manson 2 yrs

... and then if both teams agree that Manson is better than Borgen, or visa versa, then the team recieving the superior D adds a pick or something like that.

12% Grubauer retention / $0.7m makes the trade cap neutral. I think $0.7m retention for 3 years is much mor3 palatable for Seattle as compared to $2.95m for 3 years.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
If Blomqvist keeps playing well and Jarry isn't to your liking, what about Nedelkovic? Logjam has gotta play itself out one way or the other for the Pens. There's organizational depth so we don't need a goalie back.

Avs have 5 non-ELC goalies under contract now to play NHL and AHL, which should ideally be 4 goalies. Kuemper Annunen Kahkonen Mandolese Miner. I think you would be forced to take a goalie back, as 5 is already arguably too many and 6 is definitely too many. Perhaps Colorarado would demand Pittsburgh take Mandolese to play in Wilkes-Barre, or to be re-traded to a third team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad