Value of: Your goaler to the Avs

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
May I grab your attention for a slightly used and worn down Matthew Murray?

He’s got the Stanley cup pedigree and I’ve heard his glove hand is lethal for shooters

Ok I’ll see myself out

Reactions: Linds

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
To Colorado:

Gibson (22% retained = 5M AAV)

To Anaheim:

Georgiev
Pick(s)

Followed by Georgiev (50% retained = 1.7M) to Team C in exchange for pick(s). Ducks should be fine running a Dostal/Reimer tandem, still leave a final retention slot if needed to get a deal done for Fowler.

Reactions: xAvsx89

quesosauce

Feb 5, 2008
Denver
To Colorado:

To Anaheim:

Georgiev
Pick(s)

Followed by Georgiev (50% retained = 1.7M) to Team C in exchange for pick(s). Ducks should be fine running a Dostal/Reimer tandem, still leave a final retention slot if needed to get a deal done for Fowler.
Sold

Reactions: xAvsx89

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
To Colorado:

To Anaheim:

Georgiev
Pick(s)

Ok, since you're keeping Reimer we will be Team C.

We need an AHL goalie. Have Colorado clear Georgiev through waivers and Anaheim double retains to get his salary close to $1M.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Ok, since you're keeping Reimer we will be team C.

We need an AHL goalie. Have Colorado clear Georgiev through waivers and find another team to double retain to get his salary close to $1M.

As bad as he looks right now, there aren't enough quality goalies to go around and Georgiev has enough recent prior success to get further NHL opportunity IMO. I think at 1.7M, there would be takers.

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
Would Spencer Knight be available from Florida? He's been average at best and has 4.5m cap hit. Florida could use this 4.5m to add depth as they go all in during the next couple of seasons. (Yes I know Bob is older and only has 2 years left on his deal. It just doesn't make sense to spend 14.5m on goalies while trying to contend)

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Georgiev always has been like this
Good and Bad spurts
From a rangers fan

As for a replacement good luck
It would be meh for meh

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
You just picked up Kahkonen to solve your problems

We picked up Kahkonen so that less than 25% of the opposing teams shots on goal end up in the back of the net. If he maintains his career .899 sv% that would be God-tier compared to what we have right now. But certainly not “an answer” for a contending team.

That’s not even really much of an exaggeration. Our current dynamic duo has allowed 12 goals on 42 shots. It’s actually mind-blowing to thing about.

Reactions: Linds

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Georgiev is talented…genuinely…but he’s completely broken.

This happens with talented, mercurial goalies. It’s such a mental game. It’s the position that defies “analytics” and trends. I will say the Avs definitely made a buyer beware decision because the one thing known about Georgiev is New York was that he definitely had ups and downs mentally. Worked for a while in Denver but now has clearly blown up. In retrospect, this was probably the expected outcome. From top 10 in GSAA in 22-23 to unplayable in 2024. That’s the range of play you get with him.

Anyways, I’m ready for a cranky veteran with a track record like a Gibson who wants to take a stab at a playoff run. Cost and compensation we can work out.

Please don’t come to us with your head case goalies, goalies who meltdown every spring or second half of the season. We don’t care as much about the SV% record over the last three years as much as we do about the mental make-up of the player.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad