Value of: Your extra expansion player to Montreal

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I agree, the Blues can figure something out. We'll see how it plays out. I understand it would be tough to lose Dunn in a trade, and then lose another player to Seattle. But a 2nd round pick can be very valuable. Montreal doesn't project as a top team next year, so maybe you could have pick #45 or similar. Not bad
Dunns value last year was a first. Bad start to this year lowered it. He is stepping up again so a late first or early second and a b prospect is fitting. Brook is not a sure fire nhl player. He is a project that will take time to develop. A 2md round pick also isn't even a 50/50 shot to make nhl. Dunn is already a 30pt top four puck moving dman that can qb a powerplay and is still rfa that's huge value

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Would the flyers give a first to Seattle to take van riemsdyk ?
HELLLLLLLLLLL NO.

JVR is on a 26 goal, 66 point pace this year. We are not adding...or at least shouldn't be...to lose him vs losing Jake or Ghost.

And if Seattle doesn't take any of them, then they will be taking a much worse player on NAK, Braun or Hagg.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
He would play behind Provy and Sanheim so used as the #3LHD.

I think this could have been a deal that worked this past year. Next year with the Flyers having York and Zamula closer to NHL ready, not so sure.

But Fletcher has said that we have too many of the same type of Dman and we need to change it up, Our obvious need is a #1RHD but can't try and address that until after expansion.

But who knows, maybe the Flyers do this type of deal and use Zamula in a bigger deal for that RHD...and then Chariot's 1 year allows York to start in the AHL and come up when injuries occur. A "bridge" to York if you will.

Provy ????
Sanheim Braun
Chariot Myers

Just spitballin'...who knows what the Flyers do. But this is a Habs thread so let's focus on them. IF they added Ghost and had Weber beside him, you guys would shocked at how well he could play.

I don't know Flyers prospects as well as you guys but I think York and Zamula will probably start in the AHL. Chiarot would be a good #5 or #6 D for Philly for a year or two

I think you're right, Ghost-Weber pairing would be quite solid

Reactions: Tripod

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Wild will be exposing either Dumba or Greenway at this point. Both have value and are worth protecting

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Dunns value last year was a first. Bad start to this year lowered it. He is stepping up again so a late first or early second and a b prospect is fitting. Brook is not a sure fire nhl player. He is a project that will take time to develop. A 2md round pick also isn't even a 50/50 shot to make nhl. Dunn is already a 30pt top four puck moving dman that can qb a powerplay and is still rfa that's huge value

Highly doubt he has that much value, but I guess we shall see

I don't think Montreal would pay 2nd + Brook for him

You can always try to keep him and expose another defenseman. That's your choice

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
He would be a 4th liner on Montreal, not much of an upgrade. I stated in the opening thread we need upgrades. We have plenty of 4th liners
He isn't worth much more than a late round pick in the context of the expansion draft in my opinion. Not many teams would use a slot to protect him

disagree, i think he fits your post ideally,
but no biggie , i hope he stays
6'4, 227#, just 23, skates well, O-skill just emerging at NHL level now
NYR may protect him, 1 spot > choice among Gauth, Howden and Blackwell

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
disagree, i think he fits your post ideally,
but no biggie , i hope he stays
6'4, 227#, just 23, skates well, O-skill just emerging at NHL level now
NYR may protect him, 1 spot > choice among Gauth, Howden and Blackwell

Debateable if he's better than Armia, Byron, Lehkonen, Perry, Staal, Evans, Caufield, Poehling... so he's not much of an upgrade in my book

Like I said, he's interesting, but I wouldn't pay much for him. Montreal could use him, but there's also other options out there that would be better than Gauthier. He ain't much of an upgrade

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I agree, the Blues can figure something out. We'll see how it plays out. I understand it would be tough to lose Dunn in a trade, and then lose another player to Seattle. But a 2nd round pick can be very valuable. Montreal doesn't project as a top team next year, so maybe you could have pick #45 or similar. Not bad

I wouldn’t trade Dunn for the 45th and then lose a top 9 forward, Sunny D, Sanford, or Barbashev.

This is just one of those times where you bite the bullet and just lose one player.

Basically, I wouldn’t trade one of those forward and Dunn (at a decent discount by the way) for the 45th pick. Every team is losing someone.

I am not dumping on the value of Brooks, because I don’t have any knowedge of him.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I doubt Montreal takes on a defenseman, I'm sure they'll just pick either Edmundson or Chiarot. They could definitely add a forward though. Tampa seems like a good bet.

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Gustafsson cost the habs a 7th rd pick.

Dunn isn't THAT much better, how the hell is he worth a 2nd + good B prospect?

I'm waiting on your answer.

Without getting into Dunn's value, I appreciate your conviction on knowing player values after you were proved so horribly wrong yesterday.

Reactions: Benstheman

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Without getting into Dunn's value, I appreciate your conviction on knowing player values after you were proved so horribly wrong yesterday.

So, because Caps GM decided to overpay for Mantha (as EVERYONE is saying in the trade topic), I was wrong? Think again buddy. Mantha is still not worth that much, everyone know that (just go read the topic and you'll see)

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Dunn is going to be worth a first maybe more next summer. He has already improved this year and is a 30 pt top four dman. Brook is questionable to make nhl. He is a project. Especially with the guys imfront of him. I completely understand not wanting to part with players.

Y’all still overrating Dunn?

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Unfortunately, Ottawa isn’t going to be able to protect Matt Murray.

I know what you’re all saying. And let me just say.

If you were to Offer a measly first round pick, i’m SURE Dorian would accept.

Reactions: voxel

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
So you aren't protecting Cale Fleury?

You will let Armia, Danualt, Tatar all walk? I guess you have one extra forward slot but at the same time you have to expose at least two forwards to Seattle. That's Bryon, Lehkonen (need to be qualified) and Evans. The others don't qualify or will be protected (KK, Anderson, Drouin, Gally, KK)

Oilers probably have 2-3 forward slots... lol.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
No, Weber does not have a no movement or no trade clause. Unless protected he can be taken by Seattle.
I didn’t think he did either . Nothing on cap friendly . If we lost Weber to expansion it would be addition by subtraction . The only reason to keep Weber would be to take advantage of Nashville. If that’s not gonna be profitable we would be crazy to protect him .

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00