Your Dark horse prospect.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
It came down to Poltapov at F, Osburn on D, and Leenders in goal for me. And I think I will go with Osburn if I have to choose one right now.

Novikov
Also think Ziemer ends up a good bottom 6 player

idk if these are really dark horses
Personally, I think those two guys are too good to be darkhorse prospects.

:dunno:

I looked at the lists we had here, the xB fan list, and the xB guys lists and went with guys that landed outside the top 15 on one of them as the criteria for who would be considered a darkhorse. And I think Novikov and Ziemer were top 15 in all those lists.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
It came down to Poltapov at F, Osburn on D, and Leenders in goal for me. And I think I will go with Osburn if I have to choose one right now.

Personally, I think those two guys are too good to be darkhorse prospects.

:dunno:

I looked at the lists we had here, the xB fan list, and the xB guys lists and went with guys that landed outside the top 15 on one of them as the criteria for who would be considered a darkhorse. And I think Novikov and Ziemer were top 15 in all those lists.
That's fair.
If I dig a little deeper, Marjala isn't quite anonymous but the ocean keeps him relatively unknown and I like what Richard can do although he's a top 6 or bust player. Both guys with a solid skill set to build upon

And idk if Novikov would have made the top 15 without all of my bi***ing about him 😬

Reactions: Jim Bob

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Ryan Johnson. For some reason everyone is sleeping on him. He was probably their 3rd best D last season. Even the Sabre's didn't appreciate him enough.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I had high hopes for him but do you think he will make it with the limited playing time and lack of offense even at the AHL level?

That's why he's such a dark horse. I know he's fallen off the radar due to injuries but if he can put together a full season I think he has the heart and toughness and skill to be a solid 4th rounder.

Reactions: debaser66

Greenbud Kelly

Jul 31, 2023
Orono, Maine
Huglen and Sardari(y)an
I'm a prof in Orono so watch a lot of Hockey East and despite decades of disdain for our cross state rival at the University of No Hardware I really wanted to see the latter name blossom as a Sabres prospect. Safe to say that, as a touted freshman at least, he didn't. Saw him live in the Alfond but was hardly noiceable. Last season he didn't even see meaningful minutes on an otherwise mediocre team. Maybe the change of scenery this season does something but I just don't see it with him.

Reactions: HOOats

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I'm a prof in Orono so watch a lot of Hockey East and despite decades of disdain for our cross state rival at the University of No Hardware I really wanted to see the latter name blossom as a Sabres prospect. Safe to say that, as a touted freshman at least, he didn't. Saw him live in the Alfond but was hardly noiceable. Last season he didn't even see meaningful minutes on an otherwise mediocre team. Maybe the change of scenery this season does something but I just don't see it with him.
Huglen has just been around the block but he is a solid singer who goes to the net, we really lack that. He is a great passer, we really lack that. I know he will be on the wrong side of 30 when he comes outta college but the upside and improvement is still there. Sadly, I don't think he is in Adams plans.

Sardarian has a high IQ and is an incredible passer, he should at least get a look.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Huglen has just been around the block but he is a solid singer who goes to the net, we really lack that. He is a great passer, we really lack that. I know he will be on the wrong side of 30 when he comes outta college but the upside and improvement is still there. Sadly, I don't think he is in Adams plans.

Sardarian has a high IQ and is an incredible passer, he should at least get a look.
Does he do weddings? asking for a friend....

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I think Neuchev will benefit greatly from one of Rosén or Kulich cracking the Sabres lineup full time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad