Value of: Your #3-4 PMD-LD to the Habs

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
There has been alot of talks about Ekholm lately, but I feel his price might be a bit steep.

Any other teams out there going for a rebuild/retooling or overabundance looking to trade a #3-4 PMLD ? Lets see if we can agree on something.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
There has been alot of talks about Ekholm lately, but I feel his price might be a bit steep.

Any other teams out there going for a rebuild/retooling or overabundance looking to trade a #3-4 PMLD ? Lets see if we can agree on something.
Butcher fits that description in Jersey.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
He seems like he had a hell of a first season and then slowed down?

He ran our PP his rookie year, and he did really well. But then Severson emerged as a PP option and then the Devils acquired Subban. Now that Ty Smith has made a name for himself, Butcher’s role has been entirely taken over.

Not a knock on him. He’s been fine in the games he’s played this year.

Reactions: Holystik

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Won't lie, I do not know him much. Let me do some 'expert armchair' stats watching.

How is his skating, passing, shooting, PP and defensive play?
Wheels-suck
He can pass
PP is his biggest asset, the team tried to make him a more complete player after a great rookie ye and its not who he is
Hes ok defensively
Hes got a decent outlet pass
Hes a bit overpaid but not a ton

Reactions: Holystik

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Why don't Habs just put Romanov back to his natural side?
New coach saying a few days ago he ain't ready and is scared he regresses if he moves up the D pairs... :dunno:
He does a few mistake here and there but I'm certain is floor is of atleast a top 4 d-man. We could use a rental though for this year's season run.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Not interested in Butcher. Too small and can’t skate. He reminds me of Maata. Habs are better off putting Romanov next to Weber.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

Vince dunn. For 2021 first

Reactions: BLONG7

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Vince Dunn is available in St. Louis, Shayne Gostisbehere in Philly, Colorado has a glut of LH PMDs, Ehkolm in Smashville...Bergevin & Ducharme just have to get serious about getting Chairot away from Weber...pay up or use Romanov or Mete with Weber...

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I don’t see Bergevin trying to upgrade. He has Struble, Harris, Norlinder etc in the pipe -all puckmoving dmen with offense.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Vince Dunn is available in St. Louis, Shayne Gostisbehere in Philly, Colorado has a glut of LH PMDs, Ehkolm in Smashville...Bergevin & Ducharme just have to get serious about getting Chairot away from Weber...pay up or use Romanov or Mete with Weber...
Sorry...Ghost is not available. The chance to get him was the summer.

Now he is back healthy, playing on the top pairing with Provy....and playing BETTER than Provy.

After the season...but before the ED...Ghost will possibly be available at that time.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Sorry...Ghost is not available. The chance to get him was the summer.

Now he is back healthy, playing on the top pairing with Provy....and playing BETTER than Provy.

After the season...but before the ED...Ghost will possibly be available at that time.
Habs will have a number of young PMD coming into play next season. I don’t see Ghost as an option.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Habs will have a number of young PMD coming into play next season. I don’t see Ghost as an option.
that's fine. With the ED the Flyers will be protecting Provy, Sanheim and Myers so could look to move Ghost beforehand...and have Zamula, Hogberg and York as LHD on the way as well.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Vince dunn. For 2021 first

He's 5th on average TOI for the Blues Dmen, has about 66% of his starts in the offensive zone, and practically never plays short handed. Very sheltered D, who doesn't produce that much. (0.37PPG so far in his young career, 0.38 this season in 24 games)

Now, I like him, I know he's only 24 and wouldn't mind him on the Habs at all, but, why, in your estimation, would he warrant a 1st pick ?

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad