Line Combos: Your 2024-25 Opening Night Lineup

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Corey Perry also got offered 4 million dollars by the Hawks. I know that I had preferred to keep Perry, but there's no way we could have done that number.
I think it's a good strategy by bottom feeders to sign vets for more than they're worth, 1 year, and then move them to a contender at the TDL when most teams have a bit more wiggle room.

Reactions: Renopucker

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Corey Perry also got offered 4 million dollars by the Hawks. I know that I had preferred to keep Perry, but there's no way we could have done that number.
Perry's the only one who really hurt to lose

Maroons a big fan favorite but I feel like we've had a winning culture long before him so he didn't really add much to this team. Glendening is an easy upgrade to Bellemare

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
That trio's last year here they didn't chip in much, probably led to the exodus. Not that our guys last year were an improvement in that regard.

Perry was likely a goner given how much he was wanted by Chicago but don't think you needed to move Maroon who was still under contract as well, nobody on this team does what he does on the boards. How many times have we seen a young speedy player come in and mesh with Maroon on the 4th line? The guy knows how to keep possession, Motte/Chaffee/Merela would've heavily benefitted from that.

Last year's mantra just seemed to be "get faster for the sake of getting faster" and it was a net negative.

Last edited:

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Would anyone be opposed to trading Sheary and Perbix and give Huuhtanen and Groshev middle 6 time and Crozier 40ish games this year and bank all the cap space for the deadline to have some real fun

Last edited:
Reactions: Outl4w

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Would anyone be opposed to trading Sheary and Perbix and give Huuhtanen and Groshev middle 6 time and Crozier 40ish games this year and bank all the cap space for the deadline to have some real fun
Yes i think the mistake JBB made this summer was not moving a draft pick and trading Sheary out we could have got a player in free agency better. I would have rolled the dice on Tyler Johnson for 1 year over sheary

We got a lower ranked player for more money? Lol
IMG_5271.png

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Yes i think the mistake JBB made this summer was not moving a draft pick and trading Sheary out we could have got a player in free agency better. I would have rolled the dice on Tyler Johnson for 1 year over sheary

We got a lower ranked player for more money? Lol View attachment 901106
Isnt Stamkos a LW instead of RW?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yeah shipping out Perbix to play a guy who has 13 games under his belt makes sense. Not like Perbix at the same age was playing top 4 quality minutes and put up 20 points. :laugh:

Groshev can't even manage 0.5ppg in the AHL. Why would we spoonfeed him an unearned shot? Maybe he should prove he belongs somewhere other than the minors, dude is getting well outproduced by players who can't even make our 4th line like Koekpe and Merela.

Last edited:

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019

We got a lower ranked player for more money? Lol View attachment 901106
Your first mistake is taking NHL Network rankings as actual belivable rankings.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Atkinson reaching 35 goals would probably require him to establish himself on the 2nd line and PP1 pretty much immediately.

He'd also have to stay consistent. Guys like Hagel would get the benefit of the doubt if he were to hit a cold streak and get moved down. A new guy like Atkinson may have to wait a while to get back up if that happens.

We'll probably have a rotating cast of characters at RW and PP1. Atkinson, Eyssimont, Sheary, maybe Groshev.

Last edited:

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I don't expect him to make PP1 with Guentzel in the way, but I could easily see him being a major difference maker and offensive threat short handed, 4v4, OT, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad