Line Combos: Your 2024-25 Opening Night Lineup

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I think paradoxically, the fact that he is such a strong fighter that you risk getting caved means everyone just avoids him entirely if they can help it, versus a guy like Maroon that can draw you into answering the bell by getting under your skin. Jeannot just never added that agitator edge to his repertoire that causes opponents to do something irrational.
They definitely don't care where he is at all period. He isnt a enforcer but a grinder that can fight. He doesn't look for fights or to even up the score for his teams which is what an enforcer is for.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I think paradoxically, the fact that he is such a strong fighter that you risk getting caved means everyone just avoids him entirely if they can help it, versus a guy like Maroon that can draw you into answering the bell by getting under your skin. Jeannot just never added that agitator edge to his repertoire that causes opponents to do something irrational.
He was our worst player on the ice every game he played. He looked slow and ineffective at forechecking or using his body on the forecheck. Now he had a hand tendon injury and that would Impact his shoot and potentially passing, but should have zero impact on his skating. Dude was a complete failure like jeannot in his first year. Unlike jeannot I hope he bounces back so we can trade him at the deadline and get a top 6 forward with other prospect or.pick. I wouldn't put money on him getting 38 points again, but would like to see it. If anyone finds their previous form to.help this team it has to be Vasi.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stelio Kontos

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I always think Maroon deserves credit for giving the team its more edgey swagger. People really started hating us because guys like Gourde and Johnson were mouthing off in every scrum like they were 6'5. In the cup years, the worst thing our opponent could do was get us emotionally invested in a game (rather than sleep walking, which we did a lot). Maroon was often the catalyst to waking us up.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I always think Maroon deserves credit for giving the team its more edgey swagger. People really started hating us because guys like Gourde and Johnson were mouthing off in every scrum like they were 6'5. In the cup years, the worst thing our opponent could do was get us emotionally invested in a game (rather than sleep walking, which we did a lot). Maroon was often the catalyst to waking us up.
We should have just kept Maroon instead of signing sheary or trading for jeannot.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Well here is a fact, we don’t really have an “enforcer” anymore. I think the role is overrated but we are going to see

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Well here is a fact, we don’t really have an “enforcer” anymore. I think the role is overrated but we are going to see
Top six is the more pressing need, but getting some guys who will fight is needed as well.

We're going to have at least 25 fights across the regular season. Most of that would probably fall to Cernak right now. He had three last season, and has trouble staying healthy.

Austin Watson is still UFA. We could also maybe take someone off waivers.

Matt Martin?

Hockeyfights.com has Mikey Eyssimont with 6 fights last year. He was also the 10th most penalized player in the league last season with 104 PIMs.

Last edited:

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Hah, ya right half you guys were crying about Maroon just as much as Sheary/Jeannot.
Nah I liked Pat. He brought more than Jeannot and Sheary combined for league minimum. He had the boys out there giving it all , having fun, kicking ass, and smiling. Last year outside of Kucherov the team was just going through the motions for most of the year.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
People were complaining about how slow he was in his last year with us. Not like he was ever known for that part of his game but I do think there's truth to that part as our 4th line was slowing down and not quite as effective as years past. I think they just weren't getting the same results and wanted to try something different.

Reactions: Outl4w

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Where is Tyler Johnson on the PTO I’m still waiting?
I was kinda joking about him as a idea a while ago because of our limited cap space and I remember we weren't too fond of him his last year but that could have been because of his cap hit then wasn't worth it. On a try out I don't see the hurt in seeing what he's still got in the tank. I do miss him mouthing off in front of the goalie laughing about it.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
People were complaining about how slow he was in his last year with us. Not like he was ever known for that part of his game but I do think there's truth to that part as our 4th line was slowing down and not quite as effective as years past. I think they just weren't getting the same results and wanted to try something different.

Sure they were slow, they also scored, knew how to play a possession game and was elite in the playoffs against Toronto yet people cried night and day for "speed" then we got a bunch of fast skaters last year who had no chemistry and were completely useless as a unit.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Our top six has some skill, for sure, but we have gotten rather small. Not that Stamkos was the Goliath holding it together but if Sheary has top six time... wow. Interesting makeup.

Then you look at our bottom six and it's a bag of whatever. Definitely an interesting season ahead of us.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
We've lost too much toughness (fighting) for the roster to be set, IMO. No Maroon, Jeannot, Watson, or even someone we know can throw like Serge.

We also don't really have that in the AHL for call-ups.

Reactions: Peacefool

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
We've lost too much toughness (fighting) for the roster to be set, IMO. No Maroon, Jeannot, Watson, or even someone we know can throw like Serge.

We also don't really have that in the AHL for call-ups.
Dont worry,Kuch gonna be our tough guy this season. Why not? Dude has won everything in NHL,now will get award for most fights in a single season,cuz he can xD

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Eyssimont had 6 fights last season. Two of which were with JJ Moser and Cam Atkinson.

The year before, he fought Brayden Point.

Should we just really be scouting AC's fight card?

They're also giving double minors for roughing a lot more now, so not every tussle is getting counted, like when he went after Xherkaj.

If Ace had like another 3-4 inches, we might be looking at him differently. He's listed at 6 ft (which feels generous), but he towers over Sheary and Atkinson.

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
What do we do with a fighter in the year 2024? There's practically zero fighting in the playoffs.

Reactions: Sky04

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Sure they were slow, they also scored, knew how to play a possession game and was elite in the playoffs against Toronto yet people cried night and day for "speed" then we got a bunch of fast skaters last year who had no chemistry and were completely useless as a unit.
Might have thought older crew slowing down and another year maybe it's a liability to roll it again if it is slowing down. Point is whatever they rolled after that didn't work either. Think we can all agree that we weren't able to properly replace some other players that left too. I think Palat and Killorn are missed a lot for what they brought. Flat cap makes it difficult to keep up and then other teams are gaining from all change too. We didn't find any answers last year. I think it will be difficult again this year with again the limited space to build outside that first line. We will need to find right mix and most teams find themselves there. Luckily I think we still match up well with teams in the east and can make a push with right set of guys.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

That trio's last year here they didn't chip in much, probably led to the exodus. Not that our guys last year were an improvement in that regard.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
That trio's last year here they didn't chip in much, probably led to the exodus. Not that our guys last year were an improvement in that regard.
Corey Perry also got offered 4 million dollars by the Hawks. I know that I had preferred to keep Perry, but there's no way we could have done that number.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $472.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Andorra vs Malta
    Andorra vs Malta
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $225.00