Your 2024-2025 hot takes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
IF the Ducks see some of their D prospects graduate AND they are NHL ready and good enough to play a solid defensive system AND Dostal takes the flashes he has shown and puts together 60 games in the top 10 for goalies, I could see them sniffing around the playoff come spring.

I'm not convinced up front they have the scoring to win that many games. Even some of their top forward prospects like Carlsson who are at the age to take a step are more two way players. With inexperience on defense, there will be mistakes and my guess is more times than not the Ducks won't be able to outscore their problems

#cup champa 2025
The forward core is kinda deep but def need the top 6 to take a step forward offensively , if we can have a league average powerplay and stay out of the box… that’ll go a long way. Last year we had a lot of injuries to mctavish, carlsson and zegras…. If they can stay relatively healthy they should have much better chemistry and much more effective offensively.

We also have a lot of potential fire power on the back end that should help the forwards out… Mintyukov luneau lacombe and zellweger are all capable of brining offense from the back end(fowler also).

Pacific is also pretty weak.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
The forward core is kinda deep but def need the top 6 to take a step forward offensively , if we can have a league average powerplay and stay out of the box… that’ll go a long way. Last year we had a lot of injuries to mctavish, carlsson and zegras…. If they can stay relatively healthy they should have much better chemistry and much more effective offensively.

We also have a lot of potential fire power on the back end that should help the forwards out… Mintyukov luneau lacombe and zellweger are all capable of brining offense from the back end(fowler also).

Pacific is also pretty weak.

It is a hot take thread and I can't fault fan optimism this time of year so you do you. For me, just too many IFs in what I said to think it all comes together. Also such a young team will struggle with consistency and they would need to take a playoff spot from a veteran group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad