Value of: Young backup to toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
DeepSouth of PNW
Darcy Kuemper seems to fit the criteria of the OP's pretty well. he is a solid backup who need to work on his mental game. That should improve with time. Quality back up that i'm sure could be had for a 3rd. That said, the prerequisite that the Wild sign a decent back ufa goalie to fill the gap. Because if we have to go into 2016-17 with Stalock as our back up, no deal to be had

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Darcy Kuemper seems to fit the criteria of the OP's pretty well. he is a solid backup who need to work on his mental game. That should improve with time. Quality back up that i'm sure could be had for a 3rd. That said, the prerequisite that the Wild sign a decent back ufa goalie to fill the gap. Because if we have to go into 2016-17 with Stalock as our back up, no deal to be had

terrible asset management to give up a 3rd that is likely pick 61-65 for a guy who would be the clear backup, and who may get grabbed by vegas.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Enroth claimed that he wanted to play more games next season. I think it can work out best for him in Toronto in that case. He could probably get 30-35 games.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Mmm nope...his numbers are nothing to be proud of.

Neither were Tim thomas'. Undersized, akward style, no business being a nhl goalie, ect. Goalies are weird creatures and to get one on what is in essence a 'building season' I'd gamble. Plus, the worst that happens is Andersen goes down, our backup flops and we're in the bottom 5 again. Nobody expects the leafs to be a playoff team this year anyways.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Sounds bad on the face of it, but you could have Pavelec for nothing. Like a low end d prospect, a 2018 6th rounder.
Salary is 3.9 for one more year. He has flashes but obviously can't handle the work load he's had in Winnipeg. I dunno if we'd retain anything, but we could if the piece coming back was sweetened up a bit.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Enroth claimed that he wanted to play more games next season. I think it can work out best for him in Toronto in that case. He could probably get 30-35 games.

What? No he can't, we didn't bring Andersen in so he could sit on the bench for 30-35 games

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Just do Lupul for Niemi and be done with it.

Dallas frees up a goalie spot so they can get Bishop and can LTIR Lupul

Toronto gets their backup saves a small amount of cap and can expose Niemi next summer everybody wins,

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
I wouldn't trade Greening for Niemi. Greening was playing outside his mind trying to stay on the Leafs roster at the end of last season. Greening may not be the best player on the Maple Leafs but atleast he was playing like a beast towards the end of last season just to keep a roster spot with Toronto.
If you ask me that's what Toronto needs.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Sounds bad on the face of it, but you could have Pavelec for nothing. Like a low end d prospect, a 2018 6th rounder.
Salary is 3.9 for one more year. He has flashes but obviously can't handle the work load he's had in Winnipeg. I dunno if we'd retain anything, but we could if the piece coming back was sweetened up a bit.

We'd give you Michalek for Pavelec.

That's it.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I wouldn't trade Greening for Niemi. Greening was playing outside his mind trying to stay on the Leafs roster at the end of last season. Greening may not be the best player on the Maple Leafs but atleast he was playing like a beast towards the end of last season just to keep a roster spot with Toronto.
If you ask me that's what Toronto needs.

But we also need a backup that can actually play so if Dallas tossed us a pick or prospect then ya sure that's a deal you make septic slyly since you can expose Niemi and he likely gets claimed

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Michaelk for Pavs + pick?

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Leafs should sign Jhonas Enroth to a 1 year deal at 900k and give him about 20 games.
Toronto doesn't have to give up an assets, and all they do is sign a backup that's it.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Unless they are set to help a team by taking on a goalie for an asset I don't see why Toronto doesn't just sign Enroth. The guy is pretty decent he just wants to play more than he did behind quick. I think he could get 25 games as the back up in toronto

Mad Brills*

We don't need a young goalie. Andersen is gonna get 60 starts. We require a vet backup like an Enroth.

He played 43 games last year.

I'd like for him to play ~52 games.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Demko will probably be NHL ready next year.
I wonder if the leafs would have any interest in him?

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
we have Montoya, Fucale, Lindgren and Condon.. someone is getting moved, we just signed Montoya so hes most likely staying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad