Value of: Young backup to toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Any available that have played a few seasons, but are under the age of 26 and available?

List of goalies who have played more than one NHL season, are under the age of 26, and are available:

(if you count 6 or 9 games as a "season", Joni Ortio is a UFA who is available)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lindback is still a UFA, just saying.

Not under the age of 26 but close enough.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Grab Lindback, before whatever (insert the obligatory 16-17 tanking championship squad) team signs him to ensure a loss of points.

Dear god, he's terrible.

Enroth is still available. He's not great but he's not as bad as Lindback.

I'd sooner see him get a chance. Lindback won't get one unless it's to tank.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
UFA: Enroth,Ramo,Ortio

Waiver possibilities: Hutchison, Condon, Berube, Berra

lots of options for a stopgap without giving up assets.
with the expansion draft upcoming it makes 0 sense to trade for a young goalie (grubaeur,pickard, subban) etc that we would have to expose.

Currysux*

Lupul + Michalek for Niemi + Hemsky. The salary is even but the Stars add .75 to their cap. The Stars could make a deal for Bishop after this trade.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Lupul + Michalek for Niemi + Hemsky. The salary is even but the Stars add .75 to their cap. The Stars could make a deal for Bishop after this trade.

stars need to shed salary though. this deal plus a bishop for nichuskin + would put them over the cap.

If the leafs were gonna take on Niemi as a cap dump it should be something like

Tor: Niemi, 2nd rd pick
Dal: Sparks, 5th rd pick

Currysux*

stars need to shed salary though. this deal plus a bishop for nichuskin + would put them over the cap.

If the leafs were gonna take on Niemi as a cap dump it should be something like

Tor: Niemi, 2nd rd pick
Dal: Sparks, 5th rd pick

The Leafs dont even have the space for that. If they want more salary then swap Michalek for Greening.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
The Leafs dont even have the space for that. If they want more salary then swap Michalek for Greening.

they could if the cowen buyout goes through. or they can just send waiver eligible players like nylander, matthews, soshnikov to the AHL the day before the season starts, then put robidas, and horton on ltir and call em both up.

I just dont think dallas is interested in a deal that only saves them 500k(michalek) or where they lose cap (lupul)

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Why would you want a young backup? Andersen doesn't need to get into a battery situation- you just want a guy who keeps you in every 3rd or 4th game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He doesn't fit the age criteria, but please let me be the first to point out that Ben Scrivens is still out there.

Edmonton's defense is so bad, Lundqvist and Price probably would have struggled to break the .905 barrier there. Montreal's defense is so bad, only Price can managed a better than .910 on their team as well.

And remember when Scrivens played for a strong defensive team like LAK that knows how to protect their goalie, Scrivens played quite well.

JMcLeaf

He doesn't fit the age criteria, but please let me be the first to point out that Ben Scrivens is still out there.

Edmonton's defense is so bad, Lundqvist and Price probably would have struggled to break the .905 barrier there. Montreal's defense is so bad, only Price can managed a better than .910 on their team as well.

And remember when Scrivens played for a strong defensive team like LAK that knows how to protect their goalie, Scrivens played quite well.

He signed with HC Dinamo Minsk in the KHL.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Can I interest you in Niemi? Switch the numbers around and he's 23...

Don't bother, we aren't looking for a young goalie anyways. We are looking for an older goalie with veteran experience anyways.

Niemi makes sense only if we can send Lupul the other way.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Can I interest you in Niemi? Switch the numbers around and he's 23...

In a money for money deal, sure.

Michalek + Greening for Niemi

A couple expensive bottom-6 forwards of different skillsets coming to 6.5M for this year on the cap for an expensive backup goalie signed for an extra year, 4.5M each season, for a total of 9M.

I think Dallas could use some forward depth, may prefer to get out of the 2nd year and has cheap alternatives to go after in FA in Enroth or Ramo.

Toronto needs a backup and would like to shed both of these forwards in order to let their young pool of forwards get more time. Enough so, that I'm sure they wouldn't mind taking on the extra year.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
In a money for money deal, sure.

Michalek + Greening for Niemi

A couple expensive bottom-6 forwards of different skillsets coming to 6.5M for this year on the cap for an expensive backup goalie signed for an extra year, 4.5M each season, for a total of 9M.

I think Dallas could use some forward depth, may prefer to get out of the 2nd year and has cheap alternatives to go after in FA in Enroth or Ramo.

Toronto needs a backup and would like to shed both of these forwards in order to let their young pool of forwards get more time. Enough so, that I'm sure they wouldn't mind taking on the extra year.

I'd rather keep Michalek + Greening TBH. We need some good vets and it's not like there are any good LW guys coming up (I don't believe Soshnikov, Leipsic or Johnson are ready for the beginning of next season, and I still doubt we get Vesey). Plus we are more likely to get assets out of Michalek and Greening than we are Niemi.

longchange

Feb 18, 2012
Not many out there...maybe the Coyotes are willing to part with Domingue? He's 24 years old and has played a couple of seasons. Numbers aren't terrible. I don't know, it's slim pickings out there for that criteria.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad