GDT: "You stand to win everything. Call it." (Min @ Ana, 7pm pac)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
What the hell were the Wild doing not pressuring behind the net there? Never seen that

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
There were a lot of times this season I doubted we'd make it in, so this feels f***ing awesome. Playoff bound baby!!

Beauchemin and Montour were awesome tonight. This may have been Montour's best game in the NHL.

One last playoff run with Beauch. Let's do it.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Now rest the big boys!

I'm amazed we made the playoffs with our injuries this season. Anyone know if we still lead the league for man games lost?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Agreed. Crazy what happens when the players stop playing his stupid system and actually have the D activate and play to our strengths instead of just grinding down low.
This is really silly and I'm firmly in the fire-Carlyle camp

Reactions: Duck Off

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
If you're happy with his lowest total in a few seasons that's fine I guess but I want more from him.
short by 7 goals from last year where he played with a much better Kesler and Cogs. He's not a play driver, but for having to be the go to go on that shutdown line this season; he's done WELL enough. Seems short sided to move on from him now when we don't really have to. Much rather keep him around instead of moving him to make room for someone like Eaves (which I expect some folks want to do).

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
29983706_10155301170437466_5310294258455540196_o.png

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
i really REALLY REALLY hope kesler doesn't play a single more game in the regular season, please rest our guys RC PLEASE

Reactions: Duck Off

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
short by 7 goals from last year where he played with a much better Kesler and Cogs. He's not a play driver, but for having to be the go to go on that shutdown line this season; he's done WELL enough. Seems short sided to move on from him now when we don't really have to. Much rather keep him around instead of moving him to make room for someone like Eaves (which I expect some folks want to do).

I'm not thinking to dump him for picks but maybe a change of scenery deal for a similar caliber player or possibly an upgrade with picks added.

Edit: also 7 goals less is substantial when you consider we are involved in more one goal games than any team in the league. Those 7 goals could have very well been 3 or 4 more wins.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Feels like this season took 100 years with all the twists, can't believe they're actually in. If they play like they did tonight, this team can definitely make a legitimate run at it.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Need to not play Nashville. Need one more point.

colorado isn't going to catch us. sure mathematically they could but they won't. tbh i'd be suprrised if colorado beat sj tomorrow (unless SJ already starts resting the vets).
Even if we rest the big boys we can pull out at least 1 point against dallas/arizona

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Grinding down low is easily this teams greatest strength.

The Kes line is the best line for doing that. Even the Getz line hasn't been amazing at it since Rakell took that LW spot.

:laugh: What's sad is I can't tell if your joking. This is the nhls first coachless team

They stopped listening to him during that OT against the Oilers, and since then they've been better when they stop playing his archaic system. RC is a bad coach that has hindered this team.
This is really silly and I'm firmly in the fire-Carlyle camp
RC archaic system is awful, just because we made the playoffs doesn't make it suddenly good.

Oct 18, 2011
Well they did it...now just avoid the Preds. That Kase kid has something pretty special about him at least relative to where he was picked.

Heat is on the sharks now, ducks and Kings first round is now very possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad