You Don't Understand How Bad Terry Pegula Has Been for the Buffalo Sabres

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008

Since Terry Pegula has purchased the Sabres, these are the stats. The common denominator for a franchise that was always competitive has now sunk to the lowest of the low in the NHL and possibly all of sports.

Killing one of the best hockey markets in the US and an entire generation of fans in the process. There are college kids who probably barely remember seeing the Sabres in the playoffs. Let alone winning a series.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
maqiwj4475l61.jpg

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
I really want to see them do well. For the fans, and just because it's nice when the guard changes every 10 years or so. They have drafted well, accumulated a lot of pick and prospect depth and currency. They have a decent team with a pretty solid young core and seem to finally be ready for a big splash and return to relevancy.

But that's pretty terrible, lol.

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
I understand Sabres fans are frustrated (I'm a leaf fan) but bro...

Terry Pegula may be an unlikable human being, but the reason why the Sabres stink is the product on the ice, not some owner curse.

Reactions: dirtydanglez

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I understand Sabres fans are frustrated (I'm a leaf fan) but bro...

Terry Pegula may be an unlikable human being, but the reason why the Sabres stink is the product on the ice, not some owner curse.
Nobody is saying its a curse lol. It's consistent bad decisions by the owner and refuses to have a President of Hockey Ops for this exact reason so he can exert as much power as possible.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
God's country just outside of Calgary
I remember, not so long ago, that Sabre fans were in love with the Pegula's because of what the Bills have been able to accomplish. Although if you are being honest the Bills have been a bust in post season. Looks like the supposed shine of the Pegula's Sabre ownership is wearing off. Sabre fans are finally admitting that his ownership has been a disaster. He doesn't have a clue when it comes to hiring hockey people.

BB79

Partially deceased
Apr 30, 2011
I used to always play as the Sabres on nhl 94. How far they've fallen
Me too but it was NHLPA93 for me. Getting rid of fighting ruined NHL 94. The only thing 94 had over 93 was logos on the ice and the Panthers/Ducks. That's it. 94 is so overrated

And yes, Pegula has no clue what he's doing. Sell the damned team

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I remember, not so long ago, that Sabre fans were in love with the Pegula's because of what the Bills have been able to accomplish. Although if you are being honest the Bills have been a bust in post season. Looks like the supposed shine of the Pegula's Sabre ownership is wearing off. Sabre fans are finally admitting that his ownership has been a disaster. He doesn't have a clue when it comes to hiring hockey people.
What are you talking about? Sabres fans haven't liked Pegula for years. This has never been a thing, even before Josh Allen was drafted Terry had a very negative reputation amongst Sabres fans.

His ownership with the Bills is completely different because Beane and McDermott have an agreement that Terry is not allowed to be in the day to day operations of the team. That and they struck gold with Josh Allen.

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV
Nobody is saying its a curse lol. It's consistent bad decisions by the owner and refuses to have a President of Hockey Ops for this exact reason so he can exert as much power as possible.
I totally get why this is frustrating as a fan, and I would want him out yesterday if he owned the Avs.

That said, I would be insufferable if I owned a team. The fans would hate me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad