Post-Game Talk: Yeah baby

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Kinda sad when your 19 yr old rookie ties your captain in points and has more goals to boot. Z you are getting old. Time to show up or be passed by the youth.

Sad that a 19 year old rookie leads the team with the third most points in the East in scoring? I'd say that bodes well for our future.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I think the game changed when Datsyuk got pissed off. At the end of the second you could tell he was fuming and he tends to dig deeper the more he gets pissed off.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I think the game changed when Datsyuk got pissed off. At the end of the second you could tell he was fuming and he tends to dig deeper the more he gets pissed off.

Seemed pretty early in the game. He was hitting people, getting into it physically from the first period from what i can recall.

You can sense his frustration. He wants the puck. He wants to win. And he wants to win because they played right, not because Mrazek is a beast. I hope Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Nyquist take note. We need them to get as pissed as Dats was last night.

TheWestWing

Nov 22, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Fun times! Didn't seem to be as many fans here as in previous years though. We generally helped to sellout the place and at least half seemed to be Wings fans. Lot of empty seats tonight - kinda sad for local team that has won 5 in a row and are a heckuva lot of fun to watch (no 'hockey in desert' rants plz).

All I asked for in the GDT was some PPGs. I like asking for things.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Sad that a 19 year old rookie leads the team with the third most points in the East in scoring? I'd say that bodes well for our future.
Yeah Z is 35 and Dats 37, the longer they are our top scorers the worse it looks for our future. It's good that Larkin is pushing them.

redwingsphan

Apr 25, 2014
Fun times! Didn't seem to be as many fans here as in previous years though. We generally helped to sellout the place and at least half seemed to be Wings fans. Lot of empty seats tonight - kinda sad for local team that has won 5 in a row and are a heckuva lot of fun to watch (no 'hockey in desert' rants plz).

I noticed this too. It's usually almost full for wings games, but last night there were large parts of sections that were completely empty. Hope that tickets are a little cheaper next year. Although I think they were a little cheaper this year than last.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Beg your pardon? Just 'cause he was heavily involved in two of three goals and made two great backhand passes that led to pretty good chances? Jeez. :sarcasm:

Don't forget he drove to the net on a consistent basis.

I think gus was reading this board the past couple days.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I hope this last game awakened both Dats and Nyquist for the immediate future.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
No better place that I love winning than in Arizona. And if you have the ability, you HAVE to listen to the whining that Tyson Nash does after the 2nd goal. Of course, they only show half of the play with their replay, but Nash is pure gold for being Captain Looney Tunes as far as the laws of physics and the cause-effect relationship. No team deserves a "better" color analyst than Doan and his "Yotes". Ugh...the sooner they said their "I'm with Tyson Nash" image and hand the team over to their youth, the better they will be for the long term.

So glad to see Nyquist get going toward the net again and Larkin/Mrazek have been sensational all year.

Time to send Jurco and Smith away and give them a chance to resurrect their careers somewhere else. Time's up.

redwingsphan

Apr 25, 2014
I did not leave the game disappointed. Going into the 3rd, I thought a loss was inevitable but then things kicked into gear. Great play from Larkin and Mrazek. Domingue wasn't too shabby either for the home team.

Anyone else at the game tonight? I was up in 209.
I was in 113. Got a good deal, less than face.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

Pavel is my all time favorite player , but he is on decline and I don't see him playing much longer. Don't get me wrong he is still an elite player , but I notice that he start loosing 1 on 1 bottles and sometimes his passes is not as accurate as before . Pairing him with Larkin helps for both of them

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona

I've been to every Wings game in the 5 1/2 years I've lived out here (minus one playoff game) and this was easily the game with the lowest attendance. Not sure what his happening but I have to believe there's still some unease even though it appears the Coyotes aren't going anywhere, except back to Phoenix, at this point.

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan
The Jurco / Smith hate on this board is hilarious. Jurco played one of his better games of the year - drew a couple penalties, played hard, and had a few chances in front of the net.

Pessimism is poisonous.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
The Jurco / Smith hate on this board is hilarious. Jurco played one of his better games of the year - drew a couple penalties, played hard, and had a few chances in front of the net.

Pessimism is poisonous.

People acknowledged Jurco's play this game. Smith did not have a good game though. Neither did E.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

Pessimism is poisonous.

both Jurco and Smith and Aby are very important for this mostly soft team

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
We did it boys! We helped the team!

xeuqq.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway