Value of: Yanni Gourde

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
1) I never said anything about their scoring history but your continue comparison of "1st year vs. 1st year" "2nd year vs. 2nd year" is something that is patently ridiculous given the 2 players here and has already been called out by others. Recycling that argument doesn't help.

At age 19 Chytil was better
At age 20 Chytil was better
at age 21 Chytil was better
at age 22 Chytil was better

A similarly reductive argument that is techinically true (as is yours) but is clearly being used in less than full disclosure mode.

BTW I never said this deal was good or bad or equal. I just find your use of +/- to be ridiculous....
So ignore that stat. Why are you so stuck on that?

As far as the age based comparisons go, sure whatever floats your boat. Comparing players with completely different development curves is ok in your mind, so just pick that stat.

Bottom line, I don't think highly of Chytil.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
The Ops offer seems legit but I can also see them not wanting to part with their most reliable C.

Seattle is hard to predict but I think he's too important.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
What would it take to get Yanni Gourde to the Rangers with 25% salary retained? What would realistically needed to be added to the following package:

1st Rounder in 2022
Vitali Kravtsov
Filip Chytil
Ah yes, the standard Rangers spare parts for another team’s top 3 player with term offer. Needs more Lundkvidt and fallacious comparisons to what Eichel got.

steierwrass

Nov 25, 2017
The Ops offer seems legit but I can also see them not wanting to part with their most reliable C.

Seattle is hard to predict but I think he's too important.

There is no point for deal, where Seattle retain salary for that long time. If Gourde is moved, there will be no salary retained. Retaining salary for long time remove your options to do it for other players and that have to be paid more than in that offer.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
There is no point for deal, where Seattle retain salary for that long time. If Gourde is moved, there will be no salary retained. Retaining salary for long time remove your options to do it for other players and that have to be paid more than in that offer.
It's strange to me some are fixating on the retention as if there is some kind of retention code . If someone will pay enough you retain, this is not a team stressing over a couple mil in Cap hits.

NiagaraKraken

May 23, 2021
Niagara
It's strange to me some are fixating on the retention as if there is some kind of retention code . If someone will pay enough you retain, this is not a team stressing over a couple mil in Cap hits.
Dubas would love to have Kessel dead cap space gone but maybe not 🤷‍♂️

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Gourde has a full No Trade Protection until this summer when it becomes a 23 team no trade. If he wants to be traded it's going to affect his value.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Dubas would love to have Kessel dead cap space gone but maybe not 🤷‍♂️
Lol. You seem to be missing the transaction part.

If you asked every gm in the league what their price is to retain a million dollars for x years their responses would range from "can't do it, you'd have to massively overpay, give me a third per year , give me player y " and so on.

You seem to think in very finite one dimensional terms when in reality it's a varied landscape with a myriad of options.

In this particular instance we are talking about the team with the most flexibility in the league, a Cap team with 0 pressure to win. While I can understand not liking retention in principal (as you say Kessel) rejecting it outright without knowing the return is beyond short sighted and absurd behaviour to expect from a professional gm.

You seem to forget trading Kessel got us a first and Kappy who we traded for a first as well as other assets which massively helped our rebuild. It's a transaction, not a one sided curse.

steierwrass

Nov 25, 2017
Of course, if someone pays enough, but for multiple season retain price is much more than for rental. If they retain that now, it's removed option from one rental for next three years. So payment for that retention have to be about same or more than they would get from those 3 retentions. And I can't see it in that offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad