Value of: Yanni Gourde to the Avs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I would think any team looking to try to get a center matchup advantage in the playoffs would gladly gamble on a 20-something pick for Gourde's services and then some.

Reactions: andora

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I mean he's had 48 points the last 2 seasons, and he scored 13 points in 14 games in last years playoffs. Those are pretty solid numbers.

48 points the last 2 years rank him approximately 50th amongst c each season, and he doesn't get a ton of pp time.

And how about this season? For 5m+? I would say his numbers are barely passable when you tally up everything he brings over the life of his contract, my point was more in direct comparison to Cirelli they are defensive minded forwards being paid a premium for their role.

If you have the cap space I guess you can’t do much better than him at 3C

LeafLoyalist

Oct 13, 2015
Nah, I wanted to keep Gourde at the time. He was a much bigger factor in the two championships than Cirelli.
Y'all would keep a 32 yr old grinder over a 26 yr old Selke player??? LOL!!!
Claiming Gourde was a bigger factor tells me you didn't watch the playoff runs. If anything they were both big factors in their playoff runs.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Y'all would keep a 32 yr old grinder over a 26 yr old Selke player??? LOL!!!
Claiming Gourde was a bigger factor tells me you didn't watch the playoff runs. If anything they were both big factors in their playoff runs.

I watched every game of my team winning back-to-back championships. Something you wouldn’t know anything about.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I feel like I'd want to keep Gourde for one more year as a buffer while Beniers and Wright are still developing.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I'm not sure why people think Seattle would be a seller. This Groude guy really fits their style of play. This is a strange target, mainly because it doesn't make sense for Seattle.

Would be like the Avs trading a healthy Lex or Nuke...

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Jets would also be in on it if he was available. My guess is the starting point will be a 1st, a 2nd, a good prospect and even then it might not be enough.

Seattle has little incentive to sell him this year unless someone really overpays. Them giving up an asset for Tatar also indicates they are not interested in selling off.
Why? Jets aren’t a serious contender. I doubt they’d be aggressive in the market. Unless they’re just after that playoff money.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
That would only happen if a roster player was coming back (i.e. Monahan) or more likely, they already had a deal in place to bring in a more sure-fire replacement and the team they were dealing with refused to take him, which is also unlikely IMO.
Don't see the Habs taking on RyJo unless the sweetener is a 1st. He's horribad and has another year remaining.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'm not sure why people think Seattle would be a seller. This Groude guy really fits their style of play. This is a strange target, mainly because it doesn't make sense for Seattle.

Would be like the Avs trading a healthy Lex or Nuke...

Gourde's contract is up next year. They have Wright coming.

Makes sense for them to cash in if they can get a haul. And I think Gourde returns multiple 1sts. Especially if they retain.

• Haha
Reactions: Groo

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Gourde's contract is up next year. They have Wright coming.

Makes sense for them to cash in if they can get a haul. And I think Gourde returns multiple 1sts. Especially if they retain
Wright doesn’t appear to be remotely close to ready or capable of being a top C.

Reactions: Irie

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Why? Jets aren’t a serious contender. I doubt they’d be aggressive in the market. Unless they’re just after that playoff money.
Currently 7th in league standings. 1 point behind the Avalanche with 2 games in hand, but not a serious contender? Not sure what you think a team has to do to “seriously contend”.

EquivalentStay

Jul 27, 2020
I don't agree. They might win a round but they aren't going to win a cup. Their top line will be gassed after a round or 2.
Out of curiosity, do you think the Canucks have a better shot? I'm just curious to your thoughts, obviously teams can get hot, but the Avs have so much experience it's tough to not choose them (or Vegas who are also outrageously deep and experienced)

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Out of curiosity, do you think the Canucks have a better shot? I'm just curious to your thoughts, obviously teams can get hot, but the Avs have so much experience it's tough to not choose them (or Vegas who are also outrageously deep and experienced)
I think Vegas will repeat and LA has really good depth to compete (though goaltending is suspect).

I can't think of a team that won the cup without a true 2C.

Reactions: EquivalentStay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad