Value of: Yamamoto to New Jersey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
With all the contracts coming uo. Would Jersey move Mercer? To clear some cap space.
I imagine they choose between Timo/Bratt than remove Mercer without something important coming back, on the cheaper side of the cap.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Zero interest in Yamamoto.

With all the contracts coming uo. Would Jersey move Mercer? To clear some cap space.
Nope lol

I imagine they choose between Timo/Bratt than remove Mercer without something important coming back, on the cheaper side of the cap.
They can fit both Timo and Bratt. Mercer isn't going anywhere.

Reactions: Owenay

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
NJ needs right handed shots, would fit well on line 3 replacing Tatar/Sharangovich/Boqvist. Only 1 year on contract. RFA at seasons end. Low risk, potential for reward.
It's a low risk even lower reward scenario. He's just not good enough even for a 3rd line role

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
7th rder sounds ok to me.

He brings good energy, tenacious puck pursuit. He may excel in a 3rd line role…. Just not sure how comfortable a team is paying 3.1 mil for that.

Reactions: ElPrimeTime

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Hyman has like 5 years left on his deal, I also can't see Edmonton wanting to move him.
He'd certainly help though.
no kidding. this is exactly the opposite of what they should be doing.

nj should be giving a blank cheque for hyman

Funny enough, Edmonton and New Jersey both are lacking right shots.

Hyman didn't have a great playoffs by any stretch but he's one of the guys that was playing through injury and he had a very strong year. He's exactly what the Devils need, but he's exactly what the Oilers need and we ain't dealing him. He wanted to come to Edmonton and has a full NMC besides.

I can't think of anything that New Jersey could reasonably give up that would make up for Hyman's loss and not set Edmonton back several years.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Funny enough, Edmonton and New Jersey both are lacking right shots.

Hyman didn't have a great playoffs by any stretch but he's one of the guys that was playing through injury and he had a very strong year. He's exactly what the Devils need, but he's exactly what the Oilers need and we ain't dealing him. He wanted to come to Edmonton and has a full NMC besides.

I can't think of anything that New Jersey could reasonably give up that would make up for Hyman's loss and not set Edmonton back several years.
Ya that's what I was trying to say as well, sure NJ could use him but why would Edmonton trade him?
The only guy that jumps out as someone Edmonton would want would be Mercer and NJ shouldn't consider moving him right now.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Ya that's what I was trying to say as well, sure NJ could use him but why would Edmonton trade him?
The only guy that jumps out as someone Edmonton would want would be Mercer and NJ shouldn't consider moving him right now.
I love Mercer, he's who I wanted when we picked Holloway, but even then I think Edmonton needs Hyman more than it needs Mercer with McDrai down the middle. It's the rare "neither team does this" but nobody is trying to fleece the other.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
NJ needs right handed shots, would fit well on line 3 replacing Tatar/Sharangovich/Boqvist. Only 1 year on contract. RFA at seasons end. Low risk, potential for reward.
No thanks , pass. Hard pass.
We seen first hand that Devils need to add a little more sandpaper and ability to play close to the boards and abke59 consistently win board battles / handle an aggressive forecheck / aggressively forecheck in the Ozone / get to the middle of the ice.
How about replace him with E Kane or Hyman or Kostkin or McLeod lol.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I love Mercer, he's who I wanted when we picked Holloway, but even then I think Edmonton needs Hyman more than it needs Mercer with McDrai down the middle. It's the rare "neither team does this" but nobody is trying to fleece the other.
I think it's clear Mercer is a winger as he's been way more effective there than at center and he'd save them money against the cap. I agree though that it doesn't make any sense at all.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Yama is a mega bust.
Poolparty was a big bust as a top 4 overall pick. Yamamoto is just a kinda typical later round 1 pick. Mega bust is hyperbole.

If he’s traded this summer, it will be for future considerations. That’s his value.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Yamamoto is not an NHL player. He would clear waivers 100%. Untradeable.
Well that's just false. He is certainly undersized, and is coming off of an awful year where he couldn't stay healthy, but he scored 20 the year prior, and despite his small size, he's tenacious on the forecheck, good defensively and can PK in a pinch. He's a good option for a team that needs some offense from the third line and can move up to the 2nd in a pinch. The issue for Edmonton is that they need someone who can take the 2nd line spot permanently, and that isn't Yamamoto. He's 100% an NHL player. If he were to clear waivers, its only because of his cap hit.

To the OP, just give us a pick - 2nd or 3rd round, nothing too crazy. He needs a change of scenery, we need some cap flexibility, its a win-win if you take him and just toss us a pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad