Value of: Yakupov to Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
What would Edmonton take for Nail Yakupov?

why do you ask such a question. You know the Oil fans will ask for a WILD WILD overpayment and then when someone does offer a crazy offer they will say that they dont want any scrap players from a team that has NOTHING to offer on their team or on the prospect list in fact 10 first round picks are worthless because all of the habs picks are always bust anyway.
If you think I am overreacting well just read any offer the oil fans get and just read the posts. No matter what is offered it is NEVER ENOUGH....

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
:edmonton

Written agreement from the Montreal Canadiens to keep their fans from creating more Yakupov to Montreal threads.

:habs

Written agreement from the Edmonton Oilers to keep their fans from creating more Yakupov to Montreal threads.

thalegion

Apr 13, 2010
Edmonton
Nothing at this point, there's a spot for him on the Oilers to succeed, seems like this is the year where they will test it.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
What would Edmonton take for Nail Yakupov?

Well since this is a topic brought up so much around here I'm happy to see Yakupov's real value is still there. His popularity though is going to make you cringe at the cost.
:shakehead
To Montreal - Nail Yakupov

To Edmonton - Mikhail Sergachev
Nikita Sherbek
Noah Juulsen

Does Montreal really want Yakupov a reasonable price for him will be considered. No cap dumping please.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Well since this is a topic brought up so much around here I'm happy to see Yakupov's real value is still there. His popularity though is going to make you cringe at the cost.
:shakehead
To Montreal - Nail Yakupov

To Edmonton - Mikhail Sergachev
Nikita Sherbek
Noah Juulsen

Does Montreal really want Yakupov a reasonable price for him will be considered. No cap dumping please.

see I told you guys about these Oiler fans, this guy say Yak is worth MTL last 3 first round draft choices. I swear these oil fans live on the moon.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
see I told you guys about these Oiler fans, this guy say Yak is worth MTL last 3 first round draft choices. I swear these oil fans live on the moon.

This is an obvious exaggeration to make the point Yakupov to MTL has been beaten to death. He makes the joke that the amount of thread about it means Yakupov still has high value.

It's like if there was 1 thread per week asking for Sergachev, we would also get tired eventually. There is nothing left to be discussed about Yakupov.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
More then Montreal wants to pay . Less then Oilers fan want to accept . Deal is dead in the waters when it comes to fans agreeing

This is an obvious exaggeration to make the point Yakupov to MTL has been beaten to death. He makes the joke that the amount of thread about it means Yakupov still has high value.

It's like if there was 1 thread per week asking for Sergachev, we would also get tired eventually. There is nothing left to be discussed about Yakupov.

These sum it up perfectly. /thread.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
:edmonton

Written agreement from the Montreal Canadiens to keep their fans from creating more Yakupov to Montreal threads.

:habs

Written agreement from the Edmonton Oilers to keep their fans from creating more Yakupov to Montreal threads.

Valid consideration from both sides, enforceable contract. Agreed :D.

If it was "Yak for a 2nd" or "Yak for a 3rd", a deal would have been done. EDM is not interested in draft picks, we want to win now.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Ok. Habs will take Yakupov, and send Edmonton Price, Galchenyuk, and Weber, but that's it. We're not adding.

Seriously, though, Yak for Emelin+2nd

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Ok. Habs will take Yakupov, and send Edmonton Price, Galchenyuk, and Weber, but that's it. We're not adding.

At least we're talking players. Doesn't work though, you need to think about our needs. We need RHD not left.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

This is the problem with these threads . Edmonton fans have made it clear in pretty much every thread on HF that LHD are not a need . Then we get offer an over paid LHD . Basically you move that 2nd to a team to take Emelin contract . Don't get me wrong He is still a usefully D , but over paid and not a need . Also we don't want picks . We are past the point of needing picks for a rebuild . Time for us to start making the playoffs and we finally have enough depth to run 3 scoring lines . Yakupov helps with that . He will either play with McD who we know he produces with or he will play with Draisaitl on the 3rd line and get soft easy minutes against bottom paring D . Both these solution help the Oilers more then draft picks .

Is Yakupov available sure. Even the Oilers fans that love him would agree but he does not move unless it is something that the Oilers need . Offering us up picks and things we don't need is a waste of time It would be like us offering Cam Talbot to Montreal when they have Price .

1 other thing remember Yakupov is Edmontons property and we set the price . Not one of us knows the future and Yakupov could break out anytime . I would keep Yakupov and hope he breaks out rather then give him away for picks that don't help .

Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
McCarron + Juulsen

for

Yakupov

Maybe Scherbak+ or Juulsen straight across?

Due to having Weber and Petry on the right, I'd be ok with moving Juulsen for Yakupov. I would not add one of our top#3 prospect on top of him.

I'd be ok with moving some of Juulsen, Reway, JDLR, Fucale or Vejdemo.

Something like:

Juulsen straight up
Juulsen + Reway
Juulsen + JDLR
Juulsen + Fucale + Vejdemo
Reway + JDLR + Vejdemo
JDLR + Fucale + Vejdemo + late round pick

So, with the exception of Juulsen (potential top4 TWD), JDLR (NHL-ready bottom 6 winger/center probably better than Lander if the latter doesn't rebound) and Vejdemo (potential bottom 6 center), not a whole lot of things you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad