Confirmed with Link: Yakov Trenin signs with the Wild (4 years, $3.5M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pick one

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
I would probably be okay with this if we didn't have Foligno and Gaudreau locked up at above market value for 4 more years as well.

Reactions: tyratoku

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I like it, fills an actual long term hole in the roster, as long as he actually does improve the PK, this should make us a better team.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
He's a tremendous PKer, has good size and is really tough but this feels massively redundant. Several other bottom 6ers locked for the same term that are already overpaid and we're just adding to our pile of bottom 6ers. Would rather use this money on someone who might actually help the team score.

Reactions: keppel146

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
He's a tremendous PKer, has good size and is really tough but this feels massively redundant. Several other bottom 6ers locked for the same term that are already overpaid and we're just adding to our pile of bottom 6ers. Would rather use this money on someone who might actually help the team score.
The thing is, you aren’t getting a long term solution for scoring help at $6MM or less, just a stop gap player looking to cash in down the line if we went that route. I don’t mind solidifying the bottom part of the roster while we wait for the cap limits to come off, then we have the ability to target actual long term difference makers.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Scoring isn’t part of our identity and we need to get back to our identity which is being tough to play against. More flying Superman punches and more FU!!!

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
The thing is, you aren’t getting a long term solution for scoring help at $6MM or less, just a stop gap player looking to cash in down the line if we went that route. I don’t mind solidifying the bottom part of the roster while we wait for the cap limits to come off, then we have the ability to target actual long term difference makers.
There is no cap relief , it’s been spent on slow aging has been a and bottom 6ers.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Rather have Duhaime at 2 x 1.8M. Not exactly comforting that we did this to make Hynes happy, much like the FreddyG was to make Evason happy.
Kap will be happy to have another Russian speaker, I guess? Maybe he is sick of having to spend all of his time babysitting Marat, and wants Trenin to take over?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'll just say, he better have some untapped offensive upside

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
That's a lot of money and term for a guy who has 80 points in 300 career games :thumbd:

Guerin thinks MaJo, who played well at the Worlds, is good enough on the 2nd line...

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I feel pretty ambivalent about this. On the one hand, I think it's either too much money or too much term, but on the other he's a good bottom-6 player who should improve that part of the team, and it still leaves cap open to accrue through the year for a bigger splash later.
I think I really just need to watch how he plays for us before I know if this is worth getting worked up over or not.

Reactions: Minnewildsota

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
These are the types of deals that cost us Fiala and now they are going to cost us Rossi
We'll have $27M in space for 2025-26 and only Faber, Rossi, Khusnuts and Wallstedt to re-sign, with Yurov and Buium coming in under ELCs.

$27M - Faber's $9M = $18M - 2 ELCs = $16M.

That's $5M a piece for Rossi, Khusnuts and Wallstedt and the later 2 aren't going to get anywhere near that.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
We'll have $27M in space for 2025-26 and only Faber, Rossi, Khusnuts and Wallstedt to re-sign, with Yurov and Buium coming in under ELCs.

$27M - Faber's $9M = $18M - 2 ELCs = $16M.

That's $5M a piece for Rossi, Khusnuts and Wallstedt and the later 2 aren't going to get anywhere near that.

Looking at it this way, the plan would need to be that all of the top of the lineup spots are to be filled by the current group of prospects and young players. It leaves no room for error because if Yurov isn't an immediate hit in the top 6, or Buium isn't an immediate hit in the top 4, we have no cap space left to go out and get replacements without trading a bunch of overpaid bottom six players first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad