Yakemchuk / Parekh / Silayev / Dickinson / Buium

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which D prospect?

• Total voters

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I watched Silayev last year in the KHL and MHL and came away confident that he'll be a fixture on a very good shutdown unit and score about 20 points a season in the NHL. There's no reason to expect more offense from him than you would, say, Lian Bichsel. He has no special offensive tools and thinks the game like a pure shutdown player.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
some draft/prospect rankers asked the same thing. both Demidov and Silayev were seen as to have a small chance at going 1st OV. Demidov for his skill and Silayev because he's an athletic freak who barely brushed the surface of what he's capable of.
But he dropped to 10th... Thats a far drop. No bias though right... I like the prospect but you're projecting him to be a 70 point 6'7 D man. Those simply dont drop that far. I think He can be a high end shut down d man that scores 20 to 30 points. Which is still worthy of a top 10 maybe even 5 pick but I think you maybe a little generous with the offensive output.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad