Yakemchuk / Parekh / Silayev / Dickinson / Buium

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which D prospect?

• Total voters

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Dickinson has the highest floor. Parekh highest ceiling. Yakemchuk has the most unique profile being a nasty aggressive rhd. It's really more of a what your team needs. Buium and Silayev are also great even if they're more generic.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I don't think there's a wrong answer here, but I wanted Yak before the draft, my team actually took him, and I've been very happy in the tiny sample size thus far.

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I think Buium will be the best. Still very happy we picked Silayev instead. He was always my main target and really never thought he’d slide to 10

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Buium is the best defenseman in that draft imo.

Buium, Levshunov, Yakemchuk, Parekh, Dickinson.

I don’t see anything remotely elite in Silayev. He reminds me of Andrej Sustr.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Yak reminds me of Brent burns with more snarl and bite if he bottoms out that is still a quality pain in the ass no.6 d man with top pairing 20 goal potential.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
In order

Silayev
Yakemchuk
Dickinson
Buium
Parekh

I've watched each of them for over a year. Some people actually live for Juniors/scouting

If you have watched every one of these guys play dozens of games each I will stand corrected.

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
Its important to evaluate them on their own but I like the situational straight lines to success that Dickinson and Parekh have. Yak will have Sanderson and Chabot to contend with. Buium with Faber is less of an obstacle but still an obstacle. Silayev is buried.

Dickinson in particular with his two way ability and that developing core is in a very special situation IMO. '25 draft top end is all forwards - Martone (RW), Misa (LW), Frondell (C), Hagens (C)....chances are a high end winger for either Smith or Celebrini is in the cards. The one that doesn't click with Eklund. Crazy PP time comin' here on top of his all around ability.

Great poll - been waiting for this.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Its important to evaluate them on their own but I like the situational straight lines to success that Dickinson and Parekh have. Yak will have Sanderson and Chabot to contend with. Buium with Faber is less of an obstacle but still an obstacle. Silayev is buried.

Dickinson in particular with his two way ability and that developing core is in a very special situation IMO. '25 draft top end is all forwards - Martone (RW), Misa (LW), Frondell (C), Hagens (C)....chances are a high end winger for either Smith or Celebrini is in the cards. The one that doesn't click with Eklund. Crazy PP time comin' here on top of his all around ability.

I don’t think Silayev is buried. Yes there will also be Luke/Casey/Nemec on the backend but he’s not competing with those guys. He brings a completely different element to them as his game is entirely built on his defense

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Silayev is going to put up fewer points than everyone one of these guys.

But I think he might be a better player than most of them. he’s got a shot at being a real one of one guy in the NHL.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark

Yak is a RHD, so really Zub is his only legitimate competition. Dickinson is a great player and has the highest floor easily, but he's essentially a less intelligent Sanderson imho.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
There is zero chance anyone here has seen all of these players enough to have an informed opinion on this.

You might be unfamiliar, but there are diehards here that watch draft prospects all the time and barely watch NHL hockey.

Personally I tend to switch over to that in the second half and caught 5-20 games for each player in this group.

If you have watched every one of these guys play dozens of games each I will stand corrected.

Dozens of games? That's a high bar. Dozens of games for all of them would put you in NHL scout category, well beyond capable of having an informed opinion.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022

Don't forget Schaeffer, if he is still touted as a 2nd-3rd overall player sharks would do really well to grab him could be a special d-core in the making with him, Dickinson and muk

Reactions: Shroud of Orrin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad