Ya or nay to a $500,000 Kovalev ?

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Dude can't even admit he's washed up. Blames the other players for playing the game more "straight up" and less about skill.

But Crosby and Malkin don't seem to have any problems. ;)

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Gomez and Gainey say ''hi''

Despite his terribleness gomez still tried, he is just not nhl quality anymore and what are you talking about with Gainey? Yes he is a **** gm, quite the zinger there. :handclap:

Funny how he doesn't realize Kaberle is one of them;).

Kaberle will get a contract before a skid mark like floatalev, tell mommy to wring the tears out of your pillow.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Despite his terribleness gomez still tried, he is just not nhl quality anymore and what are you talking about with Gainey? Yes he is a **** gm, quite the zinger there. :handclap:

Kaberle will get a contract before a skid mark like floatalev, tell mommy to wring the tears out of your pillow.
He still sucks, for the most part. 3rd pairing at best.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
He can still play at this level and if his contract was league minimum people would be calling it a steal. Kovalev on the other hand would make a great locker room cancer.

Gomez era was the epitome of what was wrong, not Kovalev.

Kovalev's playoff stats with the habs; 22 gp, 11 goals and 10 assists.

I understand Kovy didn't show up some nights and you might resent that, but don't exaggerate.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Gomez era was the epitome of what was wrong, not Kovalev.

Kovalev's playoff stats with the habs; 22 gp, 11 goals and 10 assists.

I understand Kovy didn't show up some nights and you might resent that, but don't exaggerate.

No I was right, a lazy gutless puke like kovalev was the biggest reason our team had the worst attitude in the league. Nothing but drama and head cases while that turd floated every night and was never punished. Some role model, he never gave two ***** about anyone else and it showed. Gomez was the afterbirth to the abortion gainey gave us during his tenure. Like I said gomez was a player who fell below the nhl level, kovalev was an nhl level player who chose not to put in the effort or didn't care to.

Koivu stood in stark contrast to kovalev, a true warrior player who is still very valuable thanks to his leadership and work ethic.

DJyellow

Sponsor
May 9, 2002
Laval
No. The only good that can come out of this is that Galchenyuk would probably give his #27 jersey to Kovalev and we'd see Galchenyuk wear#94

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
Kovy is a legend, but it's time to hang em up.

Legend?

On this team?

Not even close!

As a fan of the most storied franchise in hockey history, you call kovy a legend? That's bordering on sacrilege.

Our legends are comprised of such names as Richard, Beliveau, Lafleur, Harvey, Robinson, Plante, blake etc. Kovy is nothing but a blip.:shakehead

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
No. The only good that can come out of this is that Galchenyuk would probably give his #27 jersey to Kovalev and we'd see Galchenyuk wear#94

images

images

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
do you remember when Kovelev was a OTTAWA Sens ?

he came right out and basically said he wished he was a Habs ,....would like to go back to Montreal....

Figure it out man....

21,273 chanting his name ,Habs pa announcer Aleaks KOOOalVEELEEVVVV(fans go insane)

never happened in Ottawa which is no comparison in atmosphere, and in Flordia is like a library to the Bell Centre in comparison....

He feed off the Montreal crowd....he said point blank he wants to retire with Montreal ,a Hab.....He left his heart here.

I dont care about benching .....he don't like Fla....

28 games....500,000.no risk.

he puts a show on for 28 games on powerplay etc, retires in Montreal...
There is a risk.. We are in first place because we have a bunch of guys who leave everything they have on the ice.. Bring in Kovalev and the work ethic goes to 0.

Dec 2, 2010
Legend?

On this team?

Not even close!

As a fan of the most storied franchise in hockey history, you call kovy a legend? That's bordering on sacrilege.

Our legends are comprised of such names as Richard, Beliveau, Lafleur, Harvey, Robinson, Plante, blake etc. Kovy is nothing but a blip.:shakehead
32685640.jpg

No need to overreact. Okay not a legend literally. Ofcourse he doesn't compare to those players.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Only way, and I mean only way, I could swallow reacquiring Kovalev is for future considerations. We would be doing Florida a favor and nothing else. But even that is pushing it.

Tendresse

Capitaine Gorges
Dec 23, 2006
Montréal
So your intention when you started your thread was to attempt to shut down anyone who dared disagree with you? And you keep repeating the same irrelevant arguments over and over again. You do realize forums are a mean of discussion, not a place where you just flaunt your opinion over and over again until eventually people ignore you. If that's what you want, you should consider starting your own blog - it would be much more productive.

As for the subject at hand, Kovalev is washed up, as pretty much everyone here has been saying (they're probably wrong though, because he has blonde hair and we all know that you need white hair to be washed up). He's put up 5 points in 14 games with the Panthers this year, and even though the team is toiling in the basement of the worst division in the NHL, he's been scratched 6 games so far and his time in Florida is about to end. But we all know that this is probably due to the fact that an average of 2.7 people show up for Panther's game, and those people surprised upon learning that hockey is not some kind of festivity involving free food and fast cars.

Many players (and now a coach) have been brought back on board, as you mentionned a couple of hundred times already. What possible stretch of logic would you use to convince anyone that this fact alone has any relevance to whether or not we should bring Kovalev back? Does that mean we should discuss bringing Craig Rivet back? Oleg Petrov? I heard Jan Bulis was still playing somewhere, we should fetch him too. I sound ridiculous? But they all played with Montreal at one point !!1!1 As you see, this wouldn't make my point any more valid.

Moreover, you keep nailing the idea that it's a low-risk high-reward type of thing. I'd like to remind you that "low" does not equal "absent". A 500k$ contract certainly isn't what will put a franchise in cap-salary jeopardy, but it's still an amount of money that needs to be considered. If 500k$ can make the difference between landing a premier free agent (or you know, any kind of competent hockey player ie not Kovalev), then I'd much rather have that 500k$ available rather than in Kovalev's pockets. On top of that, you have to add the fact that it takes up a roster spot and a contract spot, potentially preventing us from picking up a promising free agent or rewarding a successfull AHL rookie with NHL ice time. Hell, the Habs should sign me up for a 500k$ contract - there's barely any risk, but I might turn out to be the next Craig Darby !

Fact - Kovalev is failing to earn icetime on one of the worst teams in the league right now
Fact - The Maple Leafs have tons of fans at their games, that doesn't prevent their players from miserably failing to carry them to a playoff spot year after year
Fact - Montreal's PP is not exactly problematic right now, so why would we take extreme measures to fix it? Cole for Ryder&3rd was a great trade for us for various reasons, the fact that it helped the PP was just a cherry on top
Fact - Michel Therrien preaches a team first mentality, and this has resulted in the Habs being a quick, hustling, forechecking, active and successful team. Kovalev does not do a single one of those things.

So I think that's a nay.

NewHabsEra*

There is a risk.. We are in first place because we have a bunch of guys who leave everything they have on the ice.. Bring in Kovalev and the work ethic goes to 0.

Exactly, bringing a slow finished floater is the last thing you would wish for the good of this team.. there are no more passengers in this team, everyone follow the game plan and work like crazy horses every shifts, thats the receipe of success..

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I liked kovy when he was here, but his time has come and gone. This would be a good time for him to hang em up as far as the nhl is concerned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad