Value of: Y. Svechnikov to Carolina

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Carolina needs to focus on improving the NHL roster, not pursuing another pro-age non-elite forward prospect. Necas and A. Svechnikov are the headliners, but the Canes do have depth behind them. Wallmark and Zykov were Top 20 scorers in the AHL last season. Foegele, Roy, Saarela and Kuokkanen were above .5 ppg as rookies in Charlotte. There’s also Gauthier, Geekie and the recently acquired Pu. There’s going to be a log jam of prospects looking for an opportunity with only a few spots available in a few years.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Will be fun to see Svechnikov <> Faulk trade after next season.

Faulk stock is gonna drop (thanks to Hamilton stealing 1st PP IT) and E.Svechnikov stock is gonna rise.

And the value isn't far away then anymore. Red Wings will add something, and we have a deal.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Will be fun to see Svechnikov <> Faulk trade after next season.

Faulk stock is gonna drop (thanks to Hamilton stealing 1st PP IT) and E.Svechnikov stock is gonna rise.

And the value isn't far away then anymore. Red Wings will add something, and we have a deal.

Faulk has actually been a better producer on the PP than Hamilton, do don’t be so sure.

Also, after next year, Faulk only has 1 year left and is basically a rental, so of course his value will go down.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Svechnikov is one of these guys that's more valuable to the wings than he is to other teams. If Carolina wants to make a larger deal with Svechnikov as a smaller piece that could be a good idea, but for now we have to let Svechnikov establish himself if we're looking to move him in a 1 for 1 eventually. His value will be much higher after he's shown what he can do at the NHL level.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Id love him on Edmonton. Lets leave Carolina out of this and work out a deal.

I've proposed this many a times before:
Nyquist (50%) + E.Svechnikov
For
Top 10 Protected 1st + 3rd + Caggiula
2019 protected. Not perpetually protected. Then I’m all over that.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Id love him on Edmonton. Lets leave Carolina out of this and work out a deal.

I've proposed this many a times before:
Nyquist (50%) + E.Svechnikov
For
Top 10 Protected 1st + 3rd + Caggiula
Not moving a 1st in this year’s draft too good and Nyquist only is signed for one more year

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Do you remember when the Canes draft picked the 4th crappy Staal brother just to entice brother #2 to complete the 4some on the Canes? Pepperidge Farm remembers. **** alot of this.

Nice fan theory, but the acquisition of Jared wouldn't even complete a troika of Staal's. It'd be another year before Jordan would be acquired from Pittsburgh.

Even so, I can't find anything anywhere where the Canes even had the faintest interest in trying to snag Marc from the Rangers.

Last edited:

TwoPiece

Jul 24, 2018
Russian spelling starts with a Y, at least typically.

I presume Detroit's focus is more on center prospects and defencemen with top pair potential, but maybe a swap for McKeown?

Svechnikov definitely has more potential upside than he does value right now, and with Zetterberg unlikely to play and Nyquist likely to be traded Detroit probably isn't in any hurry to deal young scoring talent
With Larkin, Rasmussen, and Veleno, their focus is solely on defensemen with top-pairing potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad