GDT: XXXII | "Days Since Coach Fired - 1" | Oilers at Coyotes | 12.16.14 | 7:00 | SNET-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB

extralarge.png
extralarge.png

(7-19-5) --vs-- (10-16-4)
Shows who already played the Oilers 3 times.

[fieldset=GAME DAY INFORMATION]Game Day: December 16, 2014
Game Time: 7:00 PM
Radio: 630 Ched.
TV: SNW
[/fieldset]

[Fieldset=DESTROYER OF COACHES PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

Taylor Hall - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Teddy Purcell
Nail Yakupov - Leon Draisaitl - Jordan Eberle
David Perron - Mark Arcobello - Tyler Pitlick
Luke Gazdic - Matt Hendricks - Steve Pinizzotto

Andrew Ference - Jeff Petry
Keith Aulie - Mark Fayne
Brandon Davidson - Justin Schultz

Ben Scrivens
Viktor Fasth
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=COYOTES PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

Mikkel Boedker - Antoine Vermette - Shane Doan
Tobias Rieder - Martin Hanzal - Sam Gagner
Martin Erat - Alexandre Bolduc - B.J. Crombeen
Brandon McMillan - Kyle Chipchura - David Moss

Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Zbynek Michalek
Keith Yandle - David Schlemko
Chris Summers - Michael Stone

Mike Smith
Devan Dubnyk
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Desperately Seeking New Head Coach]
Must enjoy short leisurely practices, slow skates to the bench for line changes, and having all career hopes and aspirations systematically destroyed.

Should be able to find beauty in unconventional things, such as; stick checks, poor defensive zone coverage, leaving your goalie hung out to dry, toe drags, one and done O-zone changes, passes into skates and ponies.

Helps if you have a complete set of 1980s Oiler Bobbleheads.​
[/fieldset]

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Make or break game for the Oilers IMO... New coach..players and fans all charged up... Win and we are only 3 pts back of Coyotes and back in the mix with 8 other teams... (BUF is 22nd ranked right now and would only be 7pts up on us)..
Lose and we sit comfy in basement with all teams sans CAR atleast 7 pts up on us.

Gambl0r83*

6-2 Oilers. The boulder that was Eakins has now been lifted, and their 2/1/0 offensive goals per game will return to form, slowly but surely

They come out like a bat out of hell tonight, while Arizona underestimates us in the 1st

3-1 after 1st

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
6-2 Oilers. The boulder that was Eakins has now been lifted, and their 2/1/0 offensive goals per game will return to form, slowly but surely

They come out like a bat out of hell tonight, while Arizona underestimates us in the 1st

3-1 after 1st

I was going to predict this exact same score. I also think they come out fired up. Hall is due for a big game.

EDM: Hall (3), Perron, Schultz, Yakupov

PHX: Boedker, Yandle

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
We will probably see a dead cat bounce. Who knows how long it will last.

My guess, the Oil come out all guns blazing but still fire from outside and/or at long range with nobody crashing the net. Smith or Dubnyk make the saves. Then the expected string of brain dead errors occur leading to multiple 10 bell chances against, 3 of which find the back of the net.

Game stays at 3-0 until a late push in the 3rd where Eberle scores assisted by Hall and RNH. They pull the tender with 2:00 left but never gain control in the Yotes end until another gaff leads to a gimme empty netter.

It's a process.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
MacT went into the room after the morning skate and said "its like this guys, either play your bags off and play hockey tonight or kevin lowe is going to be your new coach.....

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I think you will see these players playing a different style tonight. I think you will also see a team playing for their coach, which hasnt been since our 4 game wining streak.

Expatriate

Aug 3, 2007
Saint John
Have to work tonight so I will miss the game. First time in a long time I actually want to watch the game to see how the players react.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
I'm staying away from betting on this game, but they'll play at least one good period. Sigh, what an embarrassment of a team. RIP in peace and bikes, Dallas. What a nightmare you were. Let the donut eating commence!

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Look at that D and tell me how you expect us to finish anywhere but last. I expect a loss tonight and people wondering WTF, how was Eakins not the problem?

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Fully expecting them to come out flat.

agreed. Oilers get scored on 2 minutes into the game, and they give up.
in the first intermission they talk about going to the club after the game.

half of halls shifts have him trying to do everything himself and mostly getting poke checked.

4-1 yotes.

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
Pumped to watch the oilers tonight. Haven't been able to say that in over a year.
Seeing Mac behind the bench might bring a lot of oilers fans back to better times...

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I'm really looking forward to seeing how the team plays under Nelson. I haven't tuned into the last few because the team just can't be bothered

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I'm certainly curious about tonight, I just don't expect to see much change.

There's always a honeymoon period with a coaching change mid-season, but long-term, it's up to the players how they are going to compete.

The good thing about the Nelson promotion is that at least the young players (i.e. half our roster) are familiar with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad