Xhekaj tossed from another game.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Yes, he swung his stick at his own face and hit it.

You really didn't watch the game I see, thanks for the confirmation.

Ottawa was looking pretty poor in this game until Xhekaj came along and changed the narrative.
there’s literally a slow mo gif just a few posts ago

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Tkachuk reacted in the moment when he was on the ice and saw the play happen.

The Habs kept reacting over the next 40 minutes, even after seeing the replay and realizing that Dach was fine, and are, apparently, still upset about it.

It would've been one thing to go after Greig right after the hit. That happens all the time. Someone probably should have! It looked worse right when it happened.

But to stew on it for so long? As if it was this dirty play that needed to be avenged? To take it into the postgame? Bizarro.

Signs of a soft team that's really trying to overcompensate. "We're tough hurr durrr don't mess with us"
We agreed it was a late hit and unnecessary. No matter the result, whether Dach came back or not you can’t let this slide, especially when the guy who’s been hit has missed the entirety of last season.

I’m pretty sure if Grieg accepted a fight against of the many Habs player who offered it to him it would have ended there. He didn’t. As a team, you have to decide whether you’re going to let it slide or send a message.

Montreal played on the edge (without crossing the line) the rest of the game. They sent a message via physical play because it is the only way they could do it and I’m sure if the roles were reversed you would have liked your team to respond that way.

If there’s one person to blame here it’s Grieg. If you’re going out there throwing late hits and weasel out of the consequences, you’re putting your entire team in danger. Struble, Dach, Xhekaj and Tkachuk reactions were all justified in a game where players walked the line and physicality was at its peak

Reactions: ElQuebecois

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Series of event unfolded by the incompetency of the referees and the league.

It's pre-season. Dirty hits or moves should not happen ECHLer or NHLer.

Pare dirty knee on Laine.
Then he doesn't want to face responsibility and laughs in the interview.
Pare should have been thrown out of the game.
This pumped up Xhekaj to make him turtle.
Stupid move? Yes. But we can all agree that the referees did not do their job to prevent this happen.

Then, Greig does a dirty hit on Dach.
Only a two minute penalty, when he should have been tossed from the game.
Two of our best players targeted.
In frustration, (and even if this is also a stupid move by Xhekaj), he targets Stützle.
We can all also understand where this is coming from even if the act itself should not happen.

In the end, these events should never have happened.
If the ref and the league did their job, this pre-season would not have been such a shitshow of frustration.
You can twist it all you want, if this was your team getting targeted this way in pre-season you'd all be frustrated the same way and I can guarantee one player or another would lose his mind on your team also.

I'm not excusing Xhekaj's behavior as he deserves a suspension (maybe for both events) but so do Greig and Pare. They should have been thrown out of the game to prevent further escalation.

If the refs and the league would not be this bad at their job, we would not have this thread going!
Habs fan out to lunch as usual.

Reactions: NyQuil

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Dominated them everywhere except on the scoreboard I guess. Moral victories and such.
No moral victories. Simple fact. You said it, dominated them everywhere before and after the hit. I'm ready to bet that MSL rather see a dominating game finishing by a lose rather than getting completly demolished but ending with a un-merited victory in a pre-season game.

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
We agreed it was a late hit and unnecessary. No matter the result, whether Dach came back or not you can’t let this slide, especially when the guy who’s been hit has missed the entirety of last season.

You can absolutely let it slide. Struble hit Greig the exact same way and Greig and the Sens... let it slide.

And Dach missed last year with a knee injury... it's not like it was a concussion.

But like I said, if a hit like that is going to set them off, they're overly sensitive. What'll they do if Caufield takes a little late bump? Burn the building down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad