Xhekaj tossed from another game.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I have no hat in this ring and want to see headhunters get suspended so those types of hits are out of the game.

Refs obviously did what they felt was right in getting him out of the game. Given what happened vs Toronto and then this, things could have really gotten out of hand. The hit looked terrible at any first glance, and with heightened emotions, things could have gotten serious.
I thought it was horrible at first and felt there would be multiple games. Then saw the slow motion.... But while I don't think it was a clean hit, I think a game misconduct is the perfect response from the ref to keep the game going out of control - especially a meaningless preseason game.
You have no hat in the ring so…Greig’s blindside, late hit to the jaw was ..clean and not a game misconduct?

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I mean, Stützle is fine, Greig fought Dach and is fine, and the Sens won the game.

Meanwhile the Habs AHLers are crying to the media and Xhekaj is going to be suspended…

What a big taste of their own medicine!
Actually Stützle is injured.

Which makes him the 3rd Sens player to be injured by Xhekaj in 3 separate preseasons.

For a fanbase that is incredibly sensitive to players being injured by dirty hits, they sure seem okay with their player running around like an idiot every preseason.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I mean, Stützle is fine, Greig fought Dach and is fine, and the Sens won the game.

Meanwhile the Habs AHLers are crying to the media and Xhekaj turtled and is going to be suspended…

What a big taste of their own medicine!
Stutzle, Tkachuk & Chabot are all to be re-evaluated tomorrow. Grieg got the shit beat out of him. I’m not sure what you’re celebrating here.

Congrats on the win though. 2 points well deserved.

Danarqhy

Oct 27, 2022
Check Republic
youtube.com
Brady is one of the last players in the league I'd ever want to get mad. Xhekaj is a pretty tough customer and he got manhandled by Tkachuk who was seeing red after watching Stutzle go down like that.
Boy people really see what they want lol.

Brady had the inside on Xhekaj and basically pulled him down, there is a lot of momentum when you play Hockey on skates. In no universe did Brady "manhandle" Xhekaj, if anything it looked like he wanted to wrestle him down to make sure an actual fight wouldn't happen.

Reactions: SergeConstantin74

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
This all started from the Canadiens thinking Dach (who just missed an entire season) was done dirty the very next game after losing Laine and Reinbacher for months. These guys are clearly on one.
No, this all started from Xhekaj's long history of trying to injure players in preseason, going back the past two seasons.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Brady Tkachuk getting mad and injuring himself. What a beast.
lol it’s crazy how we all see things differently. Arber was jumped and had less than a second to get his gloves off. Tkachuk made a mad dash from the blue line. And somehow this is turtling and refusing to get his gloves off.
These posters conveniently forgetting the times arber had tried to engage tkachuk in fights to no avail. Whatever. #72 living rent free in posters heads

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
Boy people really see what they want lol.

Brady had the inside on Xhekaj and basically pulled him down, there is a lot of momentum when you play Hockey on skates. In no universe did Brady "manhandle" Xhekaj, if anything it looked like he wanted to wrestle him down to make sure an actual fight wouldn't happen.

Why’d Xhekaj cover his head with his gloves to form a “turtle like shell” over his helmet?

Reactions: Erik Alfredsson

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Actually Stützle is injured.

Which makes him the 3rd Sens player to be injured by Xhekaj in 3 separate preseasons.

For a fanbase that is incredibly sensitive to players being injured by dirty hits, they sure seem okay with their player running around like an idiot every preseason.
It’s called a receipt. Payback is a b****

You can thank Greig for that.

Reactions: HabzSauce
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Stutzle, Tkachuk & Chabot are all to be re-evaluated tomorrow. Grieg got the shit beat out of him. I’m not sure what you’re celebrating here.

Congrats on the win though. 2 points well deserved.
I thought players being injured by dirty hits was incredibly bad for the game?

At least that's what I'm being told about Laine and Reinbacher.

Shouldn't you be incredibly concerned about the play of the Habs this game, going out and injuring the other team in a preseason game?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I haven’t seen the Grieg hit yet albeit that has nothing to do with this thread or the X hit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad