Xhekaj tossed from another game.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
What are you even saying? Struble didn’t say Grieg deserved a penalty, he said he deserved punishment for not answering the bell after being challenged after a dirty hit.

Nobody challenged Struble for his hit. No one. Your argument makes no sense
So you still don't understand.

Nevermind then.

I'll let someone else answer if they do. Clearly you don't understand what I'm asking and that's ok.

And I wasn't making any argument. I was asking a question. And you didn't come close to answering it.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Maybe but Struble's quote is very telling. The Canadiens have been getting massacred by injuries this decade, breaking man-games lost record for years in a row, losing a ton of key players to long-term injuries/career-enders every year. Tonight the Sens were dealing with a team that just watched Patrik Laine (and Reinbacher) go down for months before the regular season even starts in a season they're hoping to take a big step. I'm not surprised if they take whatever slight and go berserk over it. The franchise and the players are clearly sick of losing guys.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying you're dealing with a group that's clearly on edge and I'm not surprised to see Wifi going berserk.

I bet this will make other teams be extra careful every time they’re within 5 feet of one of Montreal’s 5’5 superstars. There’s absolutely no way this will backfire and cut their careers short when tweener goons piss off guys who are 50 pounds heavier than Montreal’s only players of value and legitimize them as revenge targets.

• Haha
Reactions: The Expert

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
I didn't ask whether anyone challenged him.

Struble was of the opinion that Greig deserves punishment for greigs late hit on Dach.

Does Struble also believe Struble deserves punishment for strubles late hit on Greig?

Didn't think this was so hard, but hopefully you understand now.

If the answer is no, he's hypocritical.

It's just comical having a guy callout another player for a hit saying he deserves punishment for his hit, when he himself made an identical hit.

Struble also hit Greig! So in retaliation for Greig throwing a late hit, he had to take a late hit no more than 5 minutes later. From Struble!

Struble himself served the retaliation he thought Greig deserved.

Shouldn’t it have ended there? An eye for an eye?

I guess not, according to big brain Struble and Xhekaj.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
What are you even saying? Struble didn’t say Grieg deserved a penalty, he said he deserved punishment for not answering the bell after being challenged after a dirty hit.

Nobody challenged Struble for his hit. No one. Your argument makes no sense
His argument makes sense.

Struble also hit Greig! So in retaliation for Greig throwing a late hit, he had to take a late hit no more than 5 minutes later.

Shouldn’t it have ended there?

This.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Struble also hit Greig! So in retaliation for Greig throwing a late hit, he had to take a late hit no more than 5 minutes later. From Struble!

Shouldn’t it have ended there? An eye for an eye?

Exactly.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
That’s not a good hit, I was right last time about him, I suspect this one will get a suspension. 1-2 games, contact to the head and looks like he jumped into it and feet off the ice. I would like to see better angle though to confirm

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I bet this will make other teams be extra careful every time they’re within 5 feet of one of Montreal’s 5’5 superstars. There’s absolutely no way this will backfire and cut their careers short when tweener goons piss off guys who are 50 pounds heavier than Montreal’s only players of value and legitimize them as revenge targets.

Doesn't matter. It's mental at this point. I think this is probably a dangerous group and I don't mean dangerous in a 'watch out for them in the standings/on the forecheck!' kind of way, I mean legitimately dangerous in that it clearly won't take much to light a keg and for someone (Habs or otherwise) to get seriously hurt.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Oh sure. I’m pretty confident Xhekaj would not hesitate to drop the gloves with Tkachuk the next time they meet. Don’t be silly
You also said he dropped the gloves when they stayed on his hands and confused Struble with Xhekaj in this thread, you might want to change your user name to Mr. Magoo.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
So you still don't understand.

Nevermind then.

I'll let someone else answer if they do. Clearly you don't understand what I'm asking and that's ok.

And I wasn't making any argument. I was asking a question. And you didn't come close to answering it.
Yes, I did answer it previously but you completely ignored it. I said if Struble would have been challenged and for his hit and turned it down then I fully expected retaliation hit elsewhere.

Just because you didn’t like the answer doesn’t mean you have ignore it and push again and again for another one

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Yes, I did answer it previously but you completely ignored it. I said if Struble would have been challenged and for his hit and turned it down then I fully expected retaliation hit elsewhere.

Just because you didn’t like the answer doesn’t mean you have ignore it and push again and again for another one
Because you didn't answer my question.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and ask it again using different terminology.

If Struble thinks Greig deserves to get beat up because Greig made a late hit on Dach, does Struble think Struble deserves to get beat up for making a late hit on Greig?

I'm not asking if anyone challenged him so don't answer a question no one is asking.

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
And now we have a bunch of sens fans coping because they got served a taste of their own medecine

I mean, Stützle is fine, Greig fought Dach and is fine, and the Sens won the game.

Meanwhile the Habs AHLers are crying to the media and Xhekaj turtled and is going to be suspended…

What a big taste of their own medicine!

If anything this game will embolden a player like Greig…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad