Xhekaj tossed from another game.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
Maybe but Struble's quote is very telling. The Canadiens have been getting massacred by injuries this decade, breaking man-games lost record for years in a row, losing a ton of key players to long-term injuries/career-enders every year. Tonight the Sens were dealing with a team that just watched Patrik Laine (and Reinbacher) go down for months before the regular season even starts in a season they're hoping to take a big step. I'm not surprised if they take whatever slight and go berserk over it. The franchise and the players are clearly sick of losing guys.

Dach was back on the bench at the start of the 2nd period. He went off for like 4 minutes. They need to relax.

Struble saying that it was premeditated to serve as revenge might be the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen, considering what Xhekaj already did last game.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Maybe but Struble's quote is very telling. The Canadiens have been getting massacred by injuries this decade, breaking man-games lost record for years in a row, losing a ton of key players to long-term injuries/career-enders every year. Tonight the Sens were dealing with a team that just watched Patrik Laine (and Reinbacher) go down for months before the regular season even starts in a season they're hoping to take a big step. I'm not surprised if they take whatever slight and go berserk over it. The franchise and the players are clearly sick of losing guys.
That's fair, but also doesn't make it okay to go out and try to hurt players on other teams because you're upset and sick of losing your own players.

Reactions: Synesthesia

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
He’s talking about Struble. Struble threw the exact hit that Greig threw on Dach, on Greig himself, 5 minutes later.

The only difference is Greig just got up and kept playing whereas Dach ran to the room and the Habs melted down.

Again… best player? Kirby Dach?

Exactly. Thank you.

Struble is saying Greig needs to face punishment for a late hit, yet Struble himself had a late hit on Greig where the puck was long gone and Greig had taken a couple strides away.

So if Struble is a logical consistent thinker that we should be paying attention to when he speaks, he would have to think that he himself should face punishment for his late hit on Greig.

If not, then he his a hypocrite.

Reactions: Rob Brown
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Apparently the axe took out 3 of their junior sens with his pure power and physical dominance and they are still mad at him
A player on your team is taken out by a dirty hit:

Either:

Retaliation on the other team by taking out one of their players is:

a) Justified.

or

b) Not Justified.

If a), like Habs fans are suggesting, then none of the players that the Habs have lost to injury this season warrants them being upset, because of Xhekaj's actions over the past 4 years.

If b), like nonpsychotic people would suggest, then Xhekaj's over the top reaction this game in trying to take off Stützle's head is not reasonable.

Which is it Habs fans?

Reactions: hui43210

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005

I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying you're dealing with a group that's clearly on edge and I'm not surprised to see Wifi going berserk.
Maybe the Habs should stop trying to injure others during preseason if they don't want other teams to return the favor

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
“Dropped the gloves”
They both fell. What do you want me to say? I’m sure next time they meet each other and Brady challenge him Arber will gladly accept the invitation.
He’s talking about Struble. Struble threw the exact hit that Greig threw on Dach, on Greig himself, 5 minutes later.

The only difference is Greig just got up and kept playing whereas Dach ran to the room and the Habs melted down.

Again… best player? Kirby Dach?
Well, no one challenged Struble, so what am I supposed to say here?
Huh? He did not drop the gloves with Tkachuk.

You're confusing the Struble hit with the xhekaj hit. It's ok, long night lol
I got confused, I thought we were talking about Arber. As I said to your fellow mate, no one challenged Struble after the hit, so what am I supposed to say here? If someone did and he chickened out then yeah, I would have called out his behavior like I’m doing with Grieg

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
Shockingly, that doesn't mean it is okay.
No, the only thing that’s shocking is people are still surprised when players police themselves, when the refs fail to do so. I don’t like the response from Xhekaj, it cost them the game, but 2 habs players have left the ice due to dirty hits in two games, there’s going to be a response.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
They both fell. What do you want me to say? I’m sure next time they meet each other and Brady challenge him Arber will gladly accept the invitation.

Well, no one challenged Struble, so what am I supposed to say here?

I got confused, I thought we were talking about Arber. As I said to your fellow mate, no one challenged Struble after the hit, so what am I supposed to say here? If someone did and he chickened out then yeah, I would have called out his behavior like I’m doing with Grieg

I didn't ask whether anyone challenged him.

Struble was of the opinion that Greig deserves punishment for greigs late hit on Dach.

Does Struble also believe Struble deserves punishment for strubles late hit on Greig?

Didn't think this was so hard, but hopefully you understand now.

If the answer is no, he's hypocritical.

It's just comical having a guy callout another player for a hit saying he deserves punishment for his hit, when he himself made an identical hit.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I didn't ask whether anyone challenged him.

Struble was of the opinion that Greig deserves punishment for greigs late hit on Dach.

Does Struble also believe Struble deserves punishment for strubles late hit on Greig?

Didn't think this was so hard, but hopefully you understand now.

If the answer is no, he's hypocritical.

It's just comical having a guy callout another player for a hit saying he deserves punishment for his hit, when he himself made an identical hit.
What are you even saying? Struble didn’t say Grieg deserved a penalty, he said he deserved punishment for not answering the bell after being challenged after a dirty hit.

Nobody challenged Struble for his hit. No one. Your argument makes no sense

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
I have no hat in this ring and want to see headhunters get suspended so those types of hits are out of the game.

Refs obviously did what they felt was right in getting him out of the game. Given what happened vs Toronto and then this, things could have really gotten out of hand. The hit looked terrible at any first glance, and with heightened emotions, things could have gotten serious.
I thought it was horrible at first and felt there would be multiple games. Then saw the slow motion.... But while I don't think it was a clean hit, I think a game misconduct is the perfect response from the ref to keep the game going out of control - especially a meaningless preseason game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad