Xhekaj tossed from another game.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Well if they hurt him with a cheap hit, there is no 5 min call and they refuse to fight, I fully expect the other team to go after our players. Have you watched hockey before!? This is the way it's been forever
It's crazy that you think Greig's hit was worth 5 minutes. I guess that's the gap in this thread.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
I just think it’s absurd to believe that it was more likely that Xhekaj intentionally made Stützle hit himself with his stick rather than him going for the headshot and narrowly missing.

That’s it! That’s all I’m arguing. What do yo believe is more plausible?
Stutzle is very infamous for embellishing and diving

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
What will a coach say publicly? He will defend his player. Privately in the room he will give x a good talking to. Msl was a star player. Small too. He knows the Fabs have several smaller sized star players who will have it harder because of the cowardly things x does. Of course msl will tell x to simmer down.

MSL being a star player means he'd appreciate Xhekaj standing up for our top players who are getting dirty hits from rats. Why would a star player take the side of the rat over the enforcer. Do you think Gretzky didn't like Semenko?

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I just think it’s absurd to believe that it was more likely that Xhekaj intentionally made Stützle hit himself with his stick rather than him going for the headshot and narrowly missing.
And it’s also absurd to assume that Grieg’s hit was not clean right? Seems totally rational and unbiased of you

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
What will Caufield do in these mean games? Imo it would show character (and be a good teammate) if he forced Stutzle to fight. I know he won’t, but imagine how his teammates would react if he did.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Fringe player who spent the season going up and down from the NHL to the AHL, fighting for a roster spot, directly costs his team a preseason game.

May have just ruined his career. Probably better off at Costco selling $1.50 hot dogs. Cya!
What’s funny is he would probably be good enough for Ottawa’s top 4 - which says more about your D than anything else

thebestnic

Jun 29, 2022
The who started it first stuff is dumb. Next thing we're gonna hear is that it's PK Subban or Eric Gryba's fault. The league needs to take headshot more seriously period or this nonsense will never stop. That includes suspending Xhekaj for this hit

Reactions: Fogelhund and h2

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It was downgraded from a hit to head.

And you can believe what you want, but that's literally every Xhekaj game. He's always on thin ice. I wish he would time his hits better, but the hit wasn't "dirty" outside of being late. Like the Greig hit.

It was called interference. And the review was for whether it was was a major or a minor. It was determined worthy of a major.

It’s really hard to argue against this hit being retribution for an earlier hit. I actually haven’t seen you argue that it wasn’t.

• Haha
Reactions: Natey

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
What will Caufield do in these mean games? Imo it would show character (and be a good teammate) if he forced Stutzle to fight. I know he won’t, but imagine how his teammates would react if he did.
What’s with your obsession with Caufield?

PatrickMcC

May 24, 2015
And it’s also absurd to assume that Grieg’s hit was not clean right? Seems totally rational and unbiased of you
I agree it was late and not clean but I’m not here to talk about that Greigs hit .

Do you legitimately believe that Xhekaj had the foresight to use his elbow to make Stützle hit himself in the face with his own stick ???

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
It's crazy that you think Greig's hit was worth 5 minutes. I guess that's the gap in this thread.
Not necessarily, I think it's the call to make in a pre season game. No call, then Greig has to answer the bell if he doesn't want his players to be hit late as well. It's hockey. It's a fast and violent sport. Things will happen.

Again, have you watched hockey before? This is the way its been forever.

thebestnic

Jun 29, 2022
They have managed the game in situations way more important than a preseason game. A 5 for intent to injure would have kept the game under control

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Watching Montreal fans switch stances so quickly since the last game is hilarious 🤡

Hoping he is not suspended, want him and Reaves to fight game 1.

Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad