XFL is Back

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
8 Teams for the XFL planned Most logical cities for teams would be returns to Orlando, San Francisco, and New York since they had the highest attendance the first time. St. Louis, San Diego, Portland, San Antonio, and Columbus, OH

Portland probably won't have a stadium available unless the XFL team agrees to an awful lease deal. The Portland Timbers evicted both Portland State and all high school football out of Providence Park a couple years ago. Keep in mind too, that the San Francisco team played at Candlestick Park. Would those same fans go to Santa Clara? UCF and Orlando City SC may pose problems for an Orlando franchise in terms of how many sporting dollars are left to go around. In fact, if I'm the XFL, I stay away from all popular MLS markets. St. Louis and San Diego I can see working.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
St. Louis absolutely would NOT work, considering what everybody believes that Vince's motivation for (re-)starting this league is...

Ferguson, anyone?

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
A population of 20,000 people, no infrastructure for pro football....

May as well put a team in Nunavut too.

No, I mean that Ferguson is the reason that you can't put a team in St. Louis.

Vince McMahon, who is starting up a league because he doesn't like that black NFL players are protesting, is going to put a team that close to the very crucible of Black Lives Matter?

Nobody will go.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
BTW, people who may not be old enough to remember the USFL, they were quite successful. They ended up failing because they tried going head to head with the NFL when it got moved to the Fall mainly because of Donald Trump. Had they stayed in the spring, the league would have survived a lot longer.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Vince McMahon, who is starting up a league because he doesn't like that black NFL players are protesting, is going to put a team that close to the very crucible of Black Lives Matter?

Nobody will go.

Oh, my bad.

That's probably accurate to say.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If the NHL can survive on its talent pool size, I think the XFL/football will be fine.

To me, there's nothing to really differentiate it enough from NFL football. I feel there's legit better rules to borrow from the NCAA/CFL to make it at least different.

What is still interesting is that the old XFL might very well still be around if NBC did not try to play WWE broadcast right costs off of the XFL. Vince has admitted as much. He should try to avoid NBC this time.
He didn't want NBC the first time, they wanted him.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

Nobody will go.
More to the point, it will make a lot of talent avoid the league, making the product worse and make the league fail harder.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
BTW, people who may not be old enough to remember the USFL, they were quite successful. They ended up failing because they tried going head to head with the NFL when it got moved to the Fall mainly because of Donald Trump. Had they stayed in the spring, the league would have survived a lot longer.

That league had future hall of fame players and coaches..which seems to get lost in the XFL excitement.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
the USFL in the 80's was doing fairly well as a spring/early summer league until some prominent current politician insisted that they shrug off this success and try to take on the NFL in the fall & in court
they lost, as badly as they could have lost

It is 30 years later. With the concussion talk and the sunking ratings, I doubt there is a market for MORE football. Especially not for a VKM led league

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
The talent is going to be terrible, I think the best chance for Vince and the league would be to go full 1980's style concussionball, bill it as a league for TRU AMERICAN MEN and not p***yes scared of standing for the flag or dementia by 50 and try to attract all the 60 something white guys that bitch and moan all the time about the fact that it's now illegal to go helmet to helmet human missile for every tackle.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
The talent is going to be terrible, I think the best chance for Vince and the league would be to go full 1980's style concussionball, bill it as a league for TRU AMERICAN MEN and not *****es scared of standing for the flag or dementia by 50 and try to attract all the 60 something white guys that ***** and moan all the time about the fact that it's now illegal to go helmet to helmet human missile for every tackle.

McMahon must be trying to reach the posters on the TD Political Board and viewers of Fox News with the XFL reboot.

This is going to suck just as much as it did the first time.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Will it even last a full season?

Wasn't XFL on verge of collapse at end of its only season ,, Cant see XFL 2.0 doing any better and expect it to perform worse

no-chance-no-chance-in-hell.jpg

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Based on the last...15 years or so of WWE's existence, old and out of touch is putting it mildly.

I'm halfway expecting the 2020 XFL Champions to be quarterbacked by a big, long haired Samoan dude since apparently literally everything in Vince's life needs to revolve around Samoans.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
The original appeal of the XFL to kids was that we thought it was basically going to be real life NFL Blitz full of monster hits, ridiculous showboating, and guys getting carted off the field every other play. Remember, the original selling point of the league was that you couldn't call for fair catches, meaning guys got hospitalized basically every game on punt returns. That shit doesn't play anymore.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
That league had future hall of fame players and coaches..which seems to get lost in the XFL excitement.

Even the franchises that failed quickly had more talent on them than the XFL could ever dream of. The Maulers existed for one pathetic year, but still had a Heisman winner who'd be an Pro Bowler twice in the NFL at running back.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
The original appeal of the XFL to kids was that we thought it was basically going to be real life NFL Blitz full of monster hits, ridiculous showboating, and guys getting carted off the field every other play. Remember, the original selling point of the league was that you couldn't call for fair catches, meaning guys got hospitalized basically every game on punt returns. That **** doesn't play anymore.

exactly

and what's the appeal now? everyone stands for the anthem and no "thugs"

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark