Xbox 360 GM Connected: League 716

7 11 14

Jan 18, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Hey everyone! I know this should be in the EA Sports NHL section or whatever, but I figured I would deliver the invitation here first. I don't know how many people have NHL 14 or are even interested in it or any games, but I set up a league specifically intended for Buffalonians and Sabres fans called League 716. I wanted to invite my common Sabres fans first before posting this in the EA section. Max number of 6 users per team with a 2 week schedule period. Feel free to join, it should be some good competition and fun. This league is not restricted to hfboards members only however, as the league description states it's open to all Sabres fans, so spots may go fast!

No trading rules.

No signing rules (except salary cap is on)

Teams Taken/GT/HF Name:

Atlantic Division:
Boston/VACANT
Buffalo/Imalineman78/7 11 14 (commissioner)
Detroit/VACANT
Florida/VACANT
Ottawa/VACANT
Montreal/VACANT
Tampa Bay/VACANT
Toronto/VACANT

Metropolitan Division:
Carolina/VACANT
Columbus/VACANT
New Jersey/VACANT
NY Islanders/VACANT
NY Rangers/VACANT
Pittsburgh/o O Rhinox O o/Sabretooth
Philadelphia/VACANT
Washington/VACANT

Central Division:
Chicago/cvtopher12/vdubs90
Colorado/VACANT
Dallas/VACANT
Minnesota/xGREENxEYEx/Sabres Fan UK
Nashville/VACANT
St. Louis/ThePaxman/Rob Paxon
Winnipeg/VACANT

Pacific:
Anaheim/VACANT
Calgary/VACANT
Edmonton/Hans Gruber57/SabresOil
LA Kings/Zimmy 716/Unknown
Phoenix/VACANT
San Jose/JAMSKING/bluengold72
Vancouver/VACANT

Last edited:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I've never participated in one of these before but always wanted to try it. How do I join? Do I just search for that league name?

Edit: Tried to join with the Blues, gamertag: ThePaxman

Last edited:

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
I can maybe join in.

My g/t is: o O Rhinox O o

Aside from the sabres, I follow the Pens, so I guess give me the Penguins. Probably won't be able to get on to sign up/do anything before tomorrow evening (leaving work this afternoon to head down to Pittsburgh for the game :) )

7 11 14

Jan 18, 2014
Buffalo, NY
I can maybe join in.

My g/t is: o O Rhinox O o

Aside from the sabres, I follow the Pens, so I guess give me the Penguins. Probably won't be able to get on to sign up/do anything before tomorrow evening (leaving work this afternoon to head down to Pittsburgh for the game :) )

I'll put you down for Pittsburgh! 27 teams remain!

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Could you give me a quick fill-in as to how it works? I'm getting an X-box this week and could be interested. Does it involve me having to play all 82 games in a season?

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
So after confidently choosing the Blues over 28 other teams I play online for the first time in a long time and lose 5 straight games with them :help:

7 11 14

Jan 18, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Could you give me a quick fill-in as to how it works? I'm getting an X-box this week and could be interested. Does it involve me having to play all 82 games in a season?

Sure. Thing of it as "be a gm" mode. You control team transactions, while assuming coaching duties like editing lines, jersey numbers, etc. The schedule is 2 weeks. So at the end of every 2 weeks we go to the playoffs and play for the cup. Every game you play the computer unless you're playing a user controlled team (listed above) in a head to head match online. That's why the more members, the more fun this league can be. Beating the computer is usually a lot tougher than going against a fellow user, and I'm sure as the league gets more competitive the trash talking on this thread will run high. Should be fun!

7 11 14

Jan 18, 2014
Buffalo, NY
For realistic purposes I just tried to trade vanek for moulson, 2014 1st and 2015 2nd. Then switched it to 2015 1st. Both offers were shut down. Well played Darcy. The first season has officially started! I will gladly continue to accept people to control teams as there are 24 remaining! Also check your schedules, not all members who have claimed teams have not yet sent requests. If you're playing a user controlled game, please hold off until further notice!! Fair chance for everybody, however feel free to play the 24 unclaimed teams.

Last edited:

7 11 14

Jan 18, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Apologies for all the trade rejections. Other teams may still join the league and for now id prefer not to give away all of their possible franchise players in exchange for grinders haha. I try to be fair so I will accept deals, just don't get too ridiculous!!

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Apologies for all the trade rejections. Other teams may still join the league and for now id prefer not to give away all of their possible franchise players in exchange for grinders haha. I try to be fair so I will accept deals, just don't get too ridiculous!!

I didn't realize at first that they were rejected (by you) :laugh:. When it came up it said 'accepted for the next game block' or w/e, so I ended up resubmitting them a few times. So much for Elliot + Roy for Monahan :cry:

SabreOil

Jul 23, 2013
Do you mind if I join? I live in Edm so I don't know if that'll factor into lag or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad