OT: x - Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2024 Season Thread (10-6) - Make it EIGHT! BB showing dominance down the stretch - Next vs TOR Oct 11 730pm

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Guess you can put that BLM for MOP nonsense to bed once and for all.

He’s been awful today.

Younger and his D'Fence...

They reeled Bo'wevil in...

Awesome sauce...

TSN crew.. lamenting the shortfall of the 'Cats playoff chances...

When they should be touting the Bombers as resurgent Grey Cup candidates...

:popcorn:

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Younger and his D'Fence...

They reeled Bo'wevil in...

Awesome sauce...

TSN crew.. lamenting the shortfall of the 'Cats playoff chances...

When they should be touting the Bombers as resurgent Grey Cup candidates...

:popcorn:
How many QBs has this D disrupted their season now? VA had his MOP season derailed against WPG. Rourke had his return ruined and hasn't looked the same. Ford's much anticipated return was a disaster. Bo Levi starts emerging as a MOP contender, shut down.

This D is damn good.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
How many QBs has this D disrupted their season now? VA had his MOP season derailed against WPG. Rourke had his return ruined and hasn't looked the same. Ford's much anticipated return was a disaster. Bo Levi starts emerging as a MOP contender, shut down.

This D is damn good.

Stegall waxing poetic...

Always err's on the side of caution in his analysis on TSN...

Goes full in on Bombers as Grey Cup favorites... references Montreal having the statistical lead...

But Bombers are for real says Milt...

Music to my ears...

:nod:

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Guaranteed a home playoff game now. And another win or SK loss clinches the West for a fourth straight year.

What a turnaround! Eating a lot of my words from when we started 2-6 lol
At 2-6 even I questioned whether we'd be hosting the West Final. I wasn't overly concerned with missing playoffs just yet. It was early and I had a feeling Sask was a bit of a mirage. Albeit I did not see BC crashing as hard as they did. They were 5-1, if they had simply gone 6-6 from there it'd be 11-7. Which might be the record the Bombers win the West with...

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Very efficient football game in all facets by the Big Blue. An immaculate road game in a difficult place to play. I didn't even notice the defence suffered 2 injuries. Olivera an absolute beast. Perfect combo for a cold weather playoff game.

I love these narratives about the Elks and Ti-Cats being so hot, on such incredible streaks, Grey Cup contenders. The media just ignore our existence, like pretending we aren't there will make it better for the other team.

This team man, just love how they're putting it all together.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Very efficient football game in all facets by the Big Blue. An immaculate road game in a difficult place to play. I didn't even notice the defence suffered 2 injuries. Olivera an absolute beast. Perfect combo for a cold weather playoff game.

I love these narratives about the Elks and Ti-Cats being so hot, on such incredible streaks, Grey Cup contenders. The media just ignore our existence, like pretending we aren't there will make it better for the other team.

This team man, just love how they're putting it all together.
TSN keeps writing the stories and we keep rewriting the ending.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I don’t watch allot of CFL anymore but absolutely love the Banjo Bowl live event. I grew up on and have watched the CFL for a long time and can’t remember a team going 0-4 then 2-6 that came back to secure the West (hopefully not a jinx) with games remaining. Phenomenal turn around by the Bombers and kind of an epic collapse by others.

Either way full marks to Osh and the entire Bomber organization for not hitting the panic button (like one or two of their fans might have :laugh:).

As Mark Twain allegedly said “The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated”. If you are a Bomber fan breath this all in because despite a couple of Grey Cup losses that were gutting this has been a special era.

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
At the start of the season, Bombers were losing games they should have probably won; at the start and in the middle of this winning streak, they were winning games they probably should have lost - most games where the defence was carrying the offence, and some games were the offence finally exploded at opportune times to put the game out of reach.

Right now, Oliveira looks at his healthiest and is playing at last year's MVP level. When defences hone in and stack the box, Collaros looks more comfortable rolling out and throwing it deep (although not as consistently as his 2019-22 years). When opposing times finally get the ball, they only have 20-25 out of 60 minutes to score any points - *EDIT: and when the Bombers defence are on their game, it is not only extremely difficult, but the pressure mounts it even further.

No doubt this team is finally at its most comfortable all season where neither side of the ball feels the pressure to win the game on its own - obviously, we've been privileged to have witnessed the 2019-22 iterations of this team be absolutely dominant and this team simply isn't as strong, but at the end of the day this is the CFL: get momentum heading into the post-season, get the bye, and all you need to do is win two games to win it all. Bombers are doing just that.

Last edited:

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
So here's a question. If all things go according to Hoyle and we've secured first place in the West and have the game against Montreal left what do the Bombers do?

A)Rest as many starters as possible to be healthy as we can be for the playoffs
B) Play like the game means something in the standings and play our A team in an effort to beat Montreal to instill in the Alouettes the mindset that we can beat them in the event we meet again in the Grey Cup.

I know that O'Shea and the players don't have the mindset to go out and lose but we have gone with several backups in the past seasons once a playoff spot and 1st were locked up.

Raise your hand anyone who thought that at 2-6 we had the possibility of running the table and ending 12-6.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
So here's a question. If all things go according to Hoyle and we've secured first place in the West and have the game against Montreal left what do the Bombers do?

A)Rest as many starters as possible to be healthy as we can be for the playoffs
B) Play like the game means something in the standings and play our A team in an effort to beat Montreal to instill in the Alouettes the mindset that we can beat them in the event we meet again in the Grey Cup.

I know that O'Shea and the players don't have the mindset to go out and lose but we have gone with several backups in the past seasons once a playoff spot and 1st were locked up.

Raise your hand anyone who thought that at 2-6 we had the possibility of running the table and ending 12-6.
Rest them 100%. They've been banged up all season and i wouldn't be shocked if guys like Collaros aren't fully healthy even now given some of the shots he's taken. At this point any extra days off Winnipeg can get the better it is for them going into the postseason.

Given how Osh thinks though; at most i give the first string like, a drive at most in that Montreal game if it is truly meaningless.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad