GDT: x-CAR - CBJ - The College (arena) Years

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Not a good period but thankfully we didn't really give up many grade A chances either. We're getting beat to just about every 50/50 in their zone.

Reactions: Tryamw

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I'm not even joking, @Tryamw your ability to just have updates before everyone has me checking HFB when I get antsy about how the game is developing when I'm in my STM seats in PNC Arena. Swear to god, last year I would check my phone multiple times a game looking for an update before telling myself I'm a f***ing idiot because I'm actually watching it live.

You damn turned me into Pavlov's dog, ass

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
*shrug*

it did knock out Roloson when we won the Cup, though
I mean yeah, but I'd argue we win that series either way. Roloson was midway through an epic meltdown when he got run over.

I just don't like seeing guys get hurt, both the goalies and the forwards. It's just such a braindead and dangerous play from defensemen after they get beat.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
I'm not even joking, @Tryamw your ability to just have updates before everyone has me checking HFB when I get antsy about how the game is developing when I'm in my STM seats in PNC Arena. Swear to god, last year I would check my phone multiple times a game looking for an update before telling myself I'm a f***ing idiot because I'm actually watching it live.

You damn turned me into Pavlov's dog, ass

This is a really good post!

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I mean yeah, but I'd argue we win that series either way. Roloson was midway through an epic meltdown when he got run over.

I just don't like seeing guys get hurt, both the goalies and the forwards. It's just such a braindead and dangerous play from defensemen after they get beat.
Yep. Losing their goalie didn't cost Edmonton the cup that year. Running in to a team that's just flat out deeper and not being able to beat Cam on a consistent basis beat the Oilers. If not for a boneheaded drop pass in OT the Canes likely score on that PP to win the Cup in 5.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Yep. Losing their goalie didn't cost Edmonton the cup that year. Running in to a team that's just flat out deeper and not being able to beat Cam on a consistent basis beat the Oilers. If not for a boneheaded drop pass in OT the Canes likely score on that PP to win the Cup in 5.
Thanks for that memory

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
It always amuses me when people say that Roloson going out was the reason they lost as if they didn't choke away a 3rd period 3-1 lead to become 4-3 Canes lead before Roloson got hurt

just sayin

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad