Confirmed Trade: [WSH/VGK] Logan Thompson for 2024 3rd (83OA) and 2025 3rd

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mohar Ikram

Dec 27, 2021
Muadzam Shah, Pahang, Malaysia
What ever managements plan is.... I'm not seeing it. I'd have kept LT over Hill, especially taking the cap into consideration.

Their stats almost similar in numbers but Adin Hill has stronger cases for him (They won them the cup)

Thompson: 46 RS games, 4 Playoffs games, (0.908 SV%/2.7 GAA) (0.921 SV%/2.35 GAA)
Hill: 35 RS games, 3 Playoffs games, (0.909 SV%/2.71 GAA) (0.932 SV%/1.7 GAA)

Hill is still better than Thompson in playoffs (he maintained his performance from cup winning year). Painful but reasonable reason is him over Thompson.

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
Worth the roll of the dice given the price.

Now WSH's goaltending tandem is 2 right handed catchers, wonder if that's happened before.
The last team to have two right handed catchers as their primary tandem was Columbus, who had Steve Mason and Matheiu Garon as their duo from 2009-11. Garon also backed up with Jose Theodore on the Habs in 03-04 (Garon also backed up Theodore from 00-03, but he was the secondary backup behind lefty Jeff Hackett each year so I'm not counting them). So it's happened twice this millennium for three total seasons. We're at kind of a low-point for RH goalies right now with only three getting regular playing time last season (other being Vejmalka), so it's surprising to see another RH tandem pop up now.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad