Confirmed Trade: [WSH/OTT] Jakob Chychrun for Nick Jensen and 2026 3rd round pick

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I understand the fit. Sens need a RD. They need vet presence. They need reliability back there.

But holy hell is this bad value.

Reactions: NyQuil

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Jensen and a 3rd?

This has to be fake right?
No one knows what kind of extension he's looking for. By this return, I'd assume it's ridiculous, and people have every right to believe he is the kind of guy who's only going to do something if he gets absolutely everything he wants.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
This is one of those moves where the ownership of the Senators has to step in fire the GM on the spot and veto the trade.

Reactions: Vilam

NoVaCapsFan

Apr 19, 2017
Love this trade for the Caps. Jensen was good until he wasn’t, then he was bad.
Chychrun could be great but even if not then it’s just one year to find out.
Swing for the fences, I say … don’t swing for the feces.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Jensen had much better underlying stats than Chychrun did at any point he was with the Senators.

If that makes any of their fans feel better.

Senators probably felt they had no way to resign him and just wanted to get rid of him now.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
worst trade of the offseason so far but sens did all right on the ullmark trade so its only a small 'l' on the offseason so far.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Good good. Sens keep getting worse until Brady forces a trade to Florida.
They wouldn’t trade him within the division.

Also Chychrun was ass here. The trade sucks value-wise but I don’t see how it makes us worse. We’re a better team defensively with Ullmark and Jensen than we were with our old goaltending and Chychrun.

Arizona sheltered Chychrun before he got traded for a reason.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Not much more than Montreal got for Kovacevic...

Not long after trading a first and two seconds for him

Absolutely brutal for Ottawa
It’s quite a bit more. Nick Jensen is a very good RHD. He doesn’t show up on the stat sheet, so the stat chasers spin in every different direction, like a chicken with its head cut off, trying to comprehend his value.

It’s time to get back to watching games.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
It’s quite a bit more. Nick Jensen is a very good RHD. He doesn’t show up on the stat sheet, so the stat chasers spin in every different direction, like a chicken with its head cut off, trying to comprehend his value.

It’s time to get back to watching games.
Jensen wasn't particularly good last season but that could be due to a coaching change or pairing him with Rasmus Sandin (who imo has been pretty underwhelming so far with the Caps).

Calling this a terrible trade is a bit much given that it's the off season and we have nfi how each player will perform on his new team.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Jensen has been a solid #4 type but he will also be 34 when the season starts.

Chychrun's name value outweighs his performance but you'd still think they'd target someone younger that can grow with Ottawa's core going forward.

Good deal from the Caps POV regardless.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Bad asset management, no thanks to Dorion. Sens traded a 1st for a hyped up chychrun.

However, you can't say it's a bad return for Chychrun's current value. He is very poor defensively and gives minimal effort on a nightly basis.

Dorion put the Senators in a really bad position. I'll add that the people who think this is a bad return haven't watched Chychrun play. He put them in a position for this kind of trade with his poor play. I also thought he was very soft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad