Confirmed Trade: [WSH/OTT] Jakob Chychrun for Nick Jensen and 2026 3rd round pick

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

StoneHoffs129

Oct 24, 2017
Dorion was trying to keep his job by flashy moves and painted this franchise into a corner. Finally got to pick in the first round after trading away multiple firsts for players of not much need.
This is what happens when you trade for a top pairing offensive defenseman and you already have a top pairing offensive defenseman.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
You had to know there wasn't much of a market for him when he wasn't moved before the draft, but this return is... underwhelming

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Not a good trade. But if jensen can be a stable stay at home defenseman be is a better fit for ottawa than chychrun was.

The senators could be a better team today than they were yesterday. But damn it sucks to lose the value dorion gave up to get chychrun and debrincat
Jensen is washed up, he will not be able to keep up with either of Chabot or Sanderson.

He fits, but he sucks.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Yeah that's my worry too. Trying to look positively haha.

The good news is the senators can score goals. If they're able to play better defensively with a better goalie they can be competitive.

But honestly who knows. Dorion made an absolute mess of things and Staios is struggling to fix it all.

Jensen is washed up, he will not be able to keep up with either of Chabot or Sanderson.

He fits, but he sucks

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
With Jensen and Ullmark they should be a bit harder to score against, settle them down defensively.

Jensen feels like a bit of a consolation price for missing out on better UFAs, but big picture I can sort of see what the Senators are doing here.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I have no proof of this, because it happened offline, but I literally suggested this exact trade a couple days ago. Chychrun for Jensen. Except that I said the sweetener would be a 2nd rounder instead of 3rd.
I'm still amused I dreamt/predicted the Galchenyuk/Domi trade a few days before it happened although in my dream there were pick swaps as well instead of a 1-for-1 like it was IRL

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Caps "buy-low" summer continues (in terms of assets). PLD, Thompson, Chychrun.

It could all easily blow-up in their faces but it's been an interesting way to acquire youngish (all around 26) talent still theoretically well within their prime years.
Yeah, the Caps have been making smart moves.

I hate it.

• Haha
Reactions: AllAlphas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad