Confirmed Trade: [WSH/OTT] Jakob Chychrun for Nick Jensen and 2026 3rd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Chychrun for one season has very limited value because he’s going to the open market 12 months from now.
Yeah who needs a quality defenseman for a year or for the playoffs

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
I kinda feel like they could've gotten way more if they were more actively shopping him.

Feels like they kinda got a question over lunch.

Caps: "Thanks for the lunch. Btw are you down for a trade?"

Sens: "Yeah, sure, whatever. Just send it over, I'll get it approved, gotta go, bye".

• Haha
Reactions: Kaizen

OrangePMD

Feb 2, 2021
Finland
Well, seems like Ottawa really needed a solid RHD, and probably couldn't get anyone else. Not a good trade, but it is what it is.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
At deadline he could have returned more than that like a late 1st
Or, at deadline he could have been hurt and valueless. There would be some level of gamble to carrying a player with injury history to late season in a rental/contract year and hope he’s still an asset.

I don’t hate this as much as most.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Not a good trade. But if jensen can be a stable stay at home defenseman be is a better fit for ottawa than chychrun was.

The senators could be a better team today than they were yesterday. But damn it sucks to lose the value dorion gave up to get chychrun and debrincat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad