Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] D Matt Roy signs with the Capitals (6 years, $5.75M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
5.5 is probably fair AAV long term but 7 f***in years gobbless i'm glad the kings aren't paying that

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
soooo, question. First I understand that everyone on this site and planet earth hates PLD. I am "clear" and understand. But if your Matt Roy and about to get a payday and you can get that payday from almost any team in the league why would you choose to go to the team that according to this website now has the most hated unlikeable teammate that ruined your previous teams season last year. Not only that, you have also chosen to be this guys teammate for the next 6 years. Money is money but he could have gotten that anywhere. Just wonder how much of what you hear about a player is just media and fan BS. Im sure PLD will suck but something doesnt add up here if that guy was such a terrible teammate.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
soooo, question. First I understand that everyone on this site and planet earth hates PLD. I am "clear" and understand. But if your Matt Roy and about to get a payday and you can get that payday from almost any team in the league why would you choose to go to the team that according to this website now has the most hated unlikeable teammate that ruined your previous teams season last year. Not only that, you have also chosen to be this guys teammate for the next 6 years. Money is money but he could have gotten that anywhere. Just wonder how much of what you hear about a player is just media and fan BS. Im sure PLD will suck but something doesnt add up here if that guy was such a terrible teammate.
Caps have one of the worst outlooks in the league when it comes to being able to win a playoff round in the next 6 years so I doubt winning was a factor for Roy.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Caps have one of the worst outlooks in the league when it comes to being able to win a playoff round in the next 6 years so I doubt winning was a factor for Roy.

I feel too sorry for you to even reply properly to this. How many years is the dry streak now?

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
not to throw stones but didnt up and coming, rebuilt detroit rising from the ashes just miss the playoffs to these caps? Actually enjoyed eliminating the Wings, Flyers and Pens with one win.
On a serious note, I would guess Caps Gm believes that with the moves they made they are trying to compete the next few years. Who did detroit get? Kane's last hurrah?
I would guess if Roy could have gotten around this money anywhere, he had to have at least felt a little good about coming to Wash.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
not to throw stones but didnt up and coming, rebuilt detroit rising from the ashes just miss the playoffs to these caps? Actually enjoyed eliminating the Wings, Flyers and Pens with one win.
On a serious note, I would guess Caps Gm believes that with the moves they made they are trying to compete the next few years. Who did detroit get? Kane's last hurrah?
I would guess if Roy could have gotten around this money anywhere, he had to have at least felt a little good about coming to Wash.
Not sure why the past is relevant to where the teams will be 3-4 years from now. If you think the Caps have the youth to improve going forward more power to you.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Not sure why the past is relevant to where the teams will be 3-4 years from now. If you think the Caps have the youth to improve going forward more power to you.
thats fair. but my original question had to do with PLD more than the caps future. simply if he is the locker room cancer and bad guy the media and fans of this site say why would Roy sign here to be his teammate for the next 6 years knowing that. He had 30 options to not work everyday with this guy. Maybe its not that important

Reactions: um

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad