Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] F Riley Sutter re-signs with the Capitals (1 year, $775k, two-way)

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
How has Sutter been in Hershey? Always liked his game in Everett. Sounds like he'll never sniff the NHL though looking at his stats unless his checking/defense is really really good (he was fine at both in Everett)

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
How has Sutter been in Hershey? Always liked his game in Everett. Sounds like he'll never sniff the NHL though looking at his stats unless his checking/defense is really really good (he was fine at both in Everett)
He's a high end 4th line center at the AHL level. He probably tops out as a average 4th liner in the NHL. He's good at the dot, he's physical, a strong forechecker, he's clutch and excels in big moments protecting the lead. A high end PKer and shot blocker. He can chip in a few goals and doesn't look out of place when he has some offensive play drivers with him but won't drive the O on his own. He has spent so much of his early career injured it really set him back but he's come around the past two seasons and remained mostly healthy. I think he'll have a chance to potentially battle for the last 4th line spot in Washington this year with Raddysh. If he loses out I think he could be the 13th forward or potentially the first call up from Hershey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad