Waived: [WSH] Ethan Bear, Luke Philp, and Michael Sgarbossa waived by the Capitals

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Between injuries and personal struggles (he entered the Players Assistance Program a few months back), tough to see how his career has turned out. He had so much promise and poise in his rookie year, I was convinced he was going to be a top 4 Dman for a long time. Then back to back concussions at age 23 and it's been a rocky road since.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Between injuries and personal struggles (he entered the Players Assistance Program a few months back), tough to see how his career has turned out. He had so much promise and poise in his rookie year, I was convinced he was going to be a top 4 Dman for a long time. Then back to back concussions at age 23 and it's been a rocky road since.
He was pretty damn good in 2022-23 for the Nucks too. Bumpy road for him for sure but he can play in this league.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I wouldn't mind Bear on the right side for the Oilers 3rd pair. Maybe even 2nd pair, he did play with Nurse a fair bit. Likely too much moolah for the Oilers to fit though.

Last edited:

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Bear was never really good, not surprising. Perhaps he can make it back as a #7 type when he gets back into the swing of things

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
You can't believe they're not actively reaping the benefits of a guy currently on waivers?

Their right side is solid, not really sure it made sense for him to sign there in the first place
sorry, its a long standing joke on HF oilers that people were pissed we traded a "top4" dman for nothing. Its sarcasm.

Reactions: Jared Dunn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad