Confirmed Trade: [WSH/CGY] Andrew Mangiapane for 2025 (Colorado) 2nd round pick

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BHD

Here comes Skinner
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
He's on the last year of his deal. Although, his cap hit impacts what they can do. Perhaps he is 'replacing' Oshie.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Anyone who thinks that the Flames will have idle hands during free agency is being foolish.
I'm just hoping they don't do something stupid and overspend on FAs in yet another futile attempt to limp into the playoffs to earn some extra revenue. You'd think by now they would have realized that strategy leads nowhere.

I'd be fine with a veteran Dman or two. And another middle-six forward maybe. But I hope they avoid splurging on FAs and focus on drafting and development.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Good trade for Flames. They should be able to secure a top 5 pick next season and that pick should be around 50. Long overdue rebuild finally in progress it seems.

• Haha
Reactions: ThePsychicSaw

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
75% retained and we send you couple picks for Huby
I think we'd have a shot at moving him at 50%, but we have 30m in space and the ever present hope he develops an equipment allergy like Hossa.

A prospect and a first for Hubs? Lol. Unless this is referring to when you first got him, before he played as a flame.
Obviously before we signed them.

Reactions: Mac Attack

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
If they just blow 15 million on bad contracts they still aren't trying to be competitive.

There isn’t 50million in players available that’d save this sinking ship.

The Flames’ path is pretty clear. It’s to finally bottom out for a couple seasons

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
There isn’t 50million in players available that’d save this sinking ship.

The Flames’ path is pretty clear. It’s to finally bottom out for a couple seasons

Prepare to be pissed off, they ain't doing it. Gonna get some 6 million dollar defense signed monday haha

Bond

May 10, 2012
Prepare to be pissed off, they ain't doing it. Gonna get some 6 million dollar defense signed monday haha
I’m actually not worried about UFA. Conroy has said multiple times that he is sticking to shorter term in UFA. Plus none of the good free agents would want to sign in Calgary.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I’m actually not worried about UFA. Conroy has said multiple times that he is sticking to shorter term in UFA. Plus none of the good free agents would want to sign in Calgary.

Ya but they get a top 4 defense and some veteran center and they're essentially the same team as last year. Wolf is likely to be worse, PP has to get better just from random luck.

If they wanted to use the cap space to improve they could be better. The aren't going to touch the bottom 3-5 teams.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Ya but they get a top 4 defense and some veteran center and they're essentially the same team as last year. Wolf is likely to be worse, PP has to get better just from random luck.

If they wanted to use the cap space to improve they could be better. The aren't going to touch the bottom 3-5 teams.
Nah. I think you are underselling how bad the team is. Markstrom was dragging the team to a bubble playoff spot with Vezina level goaltending. No matter who they sign they’ll be closer to their post deadline record than pre

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Nah. I think you are underselling how bad the team is. Markstrom was dragging the team to a bubble playoff spot with Vezina level goaltending. No matter who they sign they’ll be closer to their post deadline record than pre

I don't buy that, offense sucked at the start, then the defense sucked at the end. In the middle the were exceptionally mediocre haha.

For better or worse I expect the same as long as they put some money into the defense

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Agreed. We also lost a #2 D, #3 D, #4D, #2C a #2/3W since the start of last season where we were probably somewhere around the 18th best team in the league. Barring very good goaltending I don't see us being higher than 26th this season and we could be as low as 29th. I still think SJ, ANA and CHI are worse than us almost for sure. CBJ and MTL will be in our category as things stand today.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I don't buy that, offense sucked at the start, then the defense sucked at the end. In the middle the were exceptionally mediocre haha.

For better or worse I expect the same as long as they put some money into the defense

There are no defencemen available that can replace Tanev and Hanifin. That’s a huge hole. Then add Markstrom being our MVP.

This team is going to stink it up for a couple years. It’s the plan. Conroy just can’t come out and say it. DeBrusk, Martinez and Brodie aren’t turning this ship around.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
There are no defencemen available that can replace Tanev and Hanifin. That’s a huge hole. Then add Markstrom being our MVP.

This team is going to stink it up for a couple years. It’s the plan. Conroy just can’t come out and say it. DeBrusk, Martinez and Brodie aren’t turning this ship around.

Sure but if we had Tanev and Hanifin, we'd be competing for a Wild card spot. We'd be right in the 15th-18th range.

A Martinez/McDonagh with Kylington pairing is a clear downgrade but it's not enough to drop us down 10 spots. More like 18th-21st range.

If Wolf gets completely overwhelmed that of course could drop us down more but it's just as likely that we have some more break out players. I know people hate the mushy middle results, especially in Calgary but that's how I see it playing out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad